My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, September 8, 2014

Dear One.....Thank You.  You are so loved.  Regrettably, I don't show my love to You often enough or use enough words to express myself.  I depend on You.  I expect too much from You.  I never want to find myself taking the wonderful blessings I am a recipient of, for granted.  That is so easy to do.  I go skipping from place to place, (Hah!  Lord, only in my mind's eye do I skip!) thinking about what I should be doing or places I should be going or ......the list goes on.  I understand a few things.  "Do you want to go to lunch?"....."Maybe, do a little shopping?"
 I guess I would say to You that I ought to broaden my horizons a bit.  Now, Lord.....as I just wrote that line......the phone rang and I recognized the number and picked up.  It was a friend from church asking.....not, if I wanted to go to lunch......or shopping.  Your sense of humor kills me Lord.  You really have to be getting a kick out of this!  No.....she didn't want any of those things I previously mentioned.  She wanted me to accompany her in visiting a really nice lady that has recently become homebound.  Did You see me, Lord?  Did You "get" that I almost said, "no".  What I actually came out with was...."Oh......uh.......I......uh.....!"  Lord, I make myself tired.  I tell You how I want to be.....I ask You to help me......You do......and I almost immediately want to "conveniently forget" what I just asked for.  Okay.  Enough for "Learning Moments!"  And, I hope You feel better.  I don't, right now, anyway... but, You of course, know that I will, in a little while. Obedience counts with You and I know it to be true.  It's so "not" what I want to do.  My head hurts a little more now.  My knee's are still hurting me.  I'd like to lay here on the couch......play a game of "Mahjong" or eat a leisurely brunch.....but, I'll I go and be Your instrument.  You are going to have to supply the necessary strength and vision that I don't have or see or feel right now.   I know You will.  The times You reach out and grab me and hold my feet to the fire are not that often.  I am willing to be willing.  I'm thankful for the precious spirit of God that keeps urging us closer to the heart of God.  When my husband looked at me today and said, " I really want to live till I am 100......like Grannie Bell did...".......I just sort of inwardly groaned. " And,  I think I will be a greeter at Walmart", he continued.   Lord, have mercy!  I have no words.  I don't even know what to say.  Something like....."You may have to do this with a different wife......I probably won't be here!"  Or not?   Thankfully, You know the end.....as well as the beginning!  I am grateful for that.  Your love extends to all of us who worship Your name.  I am blessed by that fact.  And, guess what, Lord?  I am at peace with the knowledge that You allow what is best for me.  I need to always keep in mind that You love me and will help me LIVE for You.
All my silliness in my prayer and my insistence that You indeed laugh and cry with us.....still sends me to the foot of the cross where You take our sorrows and burdens upon Yourself.....and do with them what You will.  I speak all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment