My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, August 13, 2016

"My Jesus.....I love thee.  I know Thou art mine.  For thee, all the follies of sin, I resign. My gracious Redeemer....My Savior art Thou.  If ever I loved Thee.....My Jesus 'tis now."  

Getting back to the basics, Lord......that's my goal.  We read.  We study.  We plan.  We write.  We talk.  All to show to You (?)......ourselves (?).......others (?) how wise in the word we are.   Your plan is to us, Your children. I remember, feeling so sure about telling a class about something I was sure was very significant.  So, I proceeded to tell that particular verse of scripture and the illustration that You had given me.  Everyone was kind in their receiving it....but there just was no "AHA!" moment on anyone's face like I had.   I knew then.....not all our "views" are for the masses.  I know there is nothing wrong with studying the word.  There is nothing wrong with sharing the Word.  I think You want us to search the scriptures.  I think for me, the confusing part is listening or reading a rendition of someones understanding to a particular subject....and just NOT getting it.  For years, I really felt that I was just too immature in my understanding of the scripture.....which in a way, stifled me into no studying at all.  Now that.....in my reasoning.....is the way of the enemy.  I will not be stifled by his tactics.  I cannot be.  If he can do that, he will have done his job.  To discourage and deceive me.  That is his plan.  I cannot allow that.  I haven't fought back very hard this year.  I have sort of stayed back in the pack......resting?  Not sure.  I just know it's not too good.  Time lost with God is a crucial loss in my life.  Yes.  I do need rest.  Yes.  I have to take time for me.  It's possible though, I believe, to rest and have a nice quiet time with my friend and Savior.  You know, Lord.....I have learned that You are always there for me.  Quietly waiting 'til I get it together.  Thank You for the scriptures this week  that seemed to speak to me.  Just about every verse I read....I felt love from You.

I find, Lord, that when I expect You to answer my prayers, my way........and  uh........You don't.......I tend to waver a bit.  It makes me a little shaky.  It unnerves me.  Sometimes, I get a little ticked off.  And, sometimes.....I just sit there and wonder....."Okay, Lord.....what do I do now?"  I place my heart thoughts and my heart cries into Your care.  You will do what is best for me.  And, I have to believe You will show us how to think like You do.  

Give me Your peace, Lord.  Give me Your wisdom.  I pray all of these things in the name and will of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment