My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Thank You....blessings abundant!"

It's been quite a few days since I posted a prayer, Lord.  This computer isn't cooperating and I have enough trouble keeping my thoughts in tow without having to keep turning this thing on after it goes off.   I have been relaxing too, while we're away a few days.  It's nice to get away from our regular routines and see how others do their day to day.  I'm grateful for grace and mercy you provide everywhere we go.  It's nice to watch our grown-up children as they live in their corner of the world, interacting and ministering to those you have them in contact with.  Each one of them, has this nucleus of people they minister to.  Continue to uplift them.  I often wonder, Lord, if You were walking along with us (in human form), if our words would be different.  Or, our demeanor.  Or, even the thoughts we entertain before we open our mouth.  I think I behaved myself today when I interacted with the thrift store people.  I wasn't crazy about losing the three dollars I paid for those pants.....but, I handed them the pants and said I would donate them back to them.  Wasn't that big of me?  And, ended up spending four more dollars.  I find it difficult at times to be graceful when I am not so grateful.

 I found the song "Broken and Spilled Out" a real saga to my life for a while a few years ago.  I resented the fact that I had been .....(broken and spilled out and used up) and was looking for a way out.  It was only when I accepted that if I was not willing.....then You could do nothing for me.  It took a little  while.  I wanted to be pitied.  I was waiting for the party to begin. I can listen to that song now, Lord.....and enjoy the fact that I am working with You and not against You. Continue to prompt me, Jesus , when I am in need of someone to be in my corner.  Sometimes I feel I am alone in this role I play.  I want to be Your instrument in understanding and being understood.  I'd like to be Your instrument in speaking words of encouragement and receiving such.  In these days when I tend to be very aware of my flaws, could You help me to stand on the promises You have given me (over and over), to carry on the business of living.  I believe in the security of Your Word.....the fact that You know my name.....it's written on the palm of Your hand (in case You forget....smile....sorry, Lord!) and my concerns are Your concerns.  That always amazes me and reminds me again of the love You have for Your children.  I hold tight to that piece of inspiration from Your Word.  I bless You, O Lord!  Give me the inspiration to do that.
 
Thank You, Father.  Thank You for the favor of Your love and blessings You provide.  Thank You for the peace You provide that passes all understanding.  For all I ask....and pray for....I ask all in Your name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment