My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I think, Lord........that when I write a whole page.....and it disappears (?) ......that You sort of want me to NOT publish that particular page.  It just happened.  I put all of my heart thoughts out there......and it disappears.  What else am I to think?  Soooo......I am starting over.  I know You read my thoughts and calculated my thought process and/or perceived my questioning.  You and I will work on these things together.  Okay?  Okay.

Thankfulness is what this week has been all about.  Our thankfulness to You for the prayers answered; the blessings received; the events that are shaping our lives in front of You and others watching our lives.  Who we are and what we portray to the world around us is often questioned.  To the outside world, we are looked at as odd sometimes.  Especially if we are honest to a fault.  People look at you and think,  "Hmmm.....wonder what they're trying to prove?.....or ......Good grief!  I'd have taken that extra change and not thought twice!"  Lord, I think my goal in this world is to live according to the laws You have set up for me.  To not lie.....or steal.....or use Your name in vain.....to not "wish" I had something someone else has.....or be less than honorable to my parents.  The list is a little longer, but I am aware that these edicts were set up for our survival in a sinful world.  Why else would You have given them to us.  You want us to be different.  Not necessarily weird-different but, unusual-different. Is there a difference?  How we are perceived though, is not what You want us to be concerned with.  I do have trouble with that, Lord.  I want to be "cool".  I want to have people look at me and think....."I'd like to be like that."  I doubt very much that they ever do;  I'd just like them to.  What "they" think is up to You, Lord.  I'm never happy with looking foolish to anyone.....You already know that......therefore, I will leave that up to You.  DID I just say that?  Yeah, I did.  And, I know that when I allow You free reign in my life.....You will work out all that is good and Your perfect will in my life.  

I find that being thankful.....grateful......appreciative of all You have given me.....(and allowed ) , is the easiest thing to do.  The scripture does tell me to ....."Be thankful in all things...."  several places.
If I do not praise You for all You've done,  I cannot ask for another thing.  The times I have cried out to You for providing me the strength to pursue  forgiveness I need....for me or for another; the needs I have; the things I JUST want; and the personal salvation for my own soul.....a home in Heaven......all of it......I am so blessed by Your gifts to me.  I thank You.  The song a few years back about "being thankful for unanswered prayers" rings true too.  I have learned that in my heart of hearts, waiting for Your answers is really what is best for me.  (I'd love to be thinner though before I die.  You know, Lord.......so, I can enjoy it awhile.).

I honor You, dear One.  I ask for Your divine will to be done in my life.  I ask in the name of Jesus.
Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment