My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, December 7, 2012

I've stared at this page long enough to think I may have "writer's block".  But....that does not make any sense to me, Lord.  Not when all I have..... comes from Your hand.......unmerited.   I should have multiple things to say and rejoice over.  Regrettably, I've been "under the weather" for days now.  Taking some time away from the church to visit our son and wife, I thought it would be a good time to get sick and really have some quality "off" time.  NOT. But, that's exactly what happened.  I wish I could redo these last few weeks......I accomplished nothing I'd hoped to......I sat like a slug for days waiting for the next to show a little improvement.  No life.  No energy.  Short of knowing I wasn't dying, I still had little thought of "hope" for a better day.  Sort of depressing.

Thankfully, I guess, You have a way of making us rest whether we feel we have need or not.  Not often do we plan times to get sick.  I'd prefer, maybe Sunday  evenings about 5:30 or quarter to six.
Not long....maybe just a couple hours!  Lord, I don't know if there is a slight smile on your face or not......so, I think I'll move on to another thought.

I often see no reason to write......or talk.  I like to just be quiet......sometimes.  Then, of course, I believe that I am being totally ungrateful to you when I don't talk with You more often.  Sometimes, I feel it's better that we just talk instead of the constant "Lord, could You give me....." or "Lord, I need for You to......" kind of conversation.   I am not always wanting something from someone else all the time.
Lord, I hope You don't become annoyed when I constantly am asking, whining, and needy so much of the time but I am so very aware that all I need.....I can find in You and in the power of Your Word. I find that talking to You as I would a friend comforts me.  You listen.  You don't look at me funny.

A few Sunday evenings ago at Choir practice, I found myself enamored with the words in one of the songs we were doing for a cantata.  "Mary, did you know that your baby Boy would one day walk on water.....Mary, did you know that your baby Boy would give sight to a blind man.....or calm a storm with His hand.....?"  Would we raise a child differently if we knew they would change the world?  I think not, Jesus.......I think not.  Oh, dear One.....hear my cry.....help me.  Change me.  Love me.....forgive my lack of empathy at times.  Make me the individual that will shine for You.  I heard that recently.....You heard it too, Lord.  This dear boy said to me....."I want to shine for Jesus, Corrine."  Oh, Lord......help him......and help me to remember that "shining" is important.  It's not easy all the time.  I felt pretty dull this last few weeks.  There was no shining.

Jesus, I give it all to You.  I know You know my heart.  I will never be the example for You until I learn that You take the dullness and everyday life of an individual, the good, the bad, the ugly.....and You provide a sense of joy and fulfillment that provides the shine that produces a bit of a glow.  The glow of You, dear One.

No comments:

Post a Comment