My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sometimes I wonder, Lord, if doing this blog is doing a disservice to You.  Putting my prayers on "paper" or a computer screen is perhaps showing a side to me no one really understands.......or prompts replies as to how I dare be so bold to write "that" to You.  How dare I talk to the King of Glory in such an irreverent way?  I speak as I would to One who loves me as no one else could ever......One who sees the flaws and failures as a step to loving You more than I believed I ever could.  These letters are the cries of a heavy and forlorn heart at times.  Other times, they are filled with complaints and whining that no one else would care to listen to.  But.....Lord.....sometimes I find I don't write enough.  This particular letter is the only one I have written this week.  I need to re-navigate my thoughts.  And, I will, dear One.  Each day as I read from Your Word, I preface the words with......."Help me understand!.......Show me how to live.......What do I need to change?  Give me Your power, and Your empathy."  In the times when sorrow overwhelms.....  Lord, when our hearts are depleted, You can come in Your quiet presence and fill us with joy unspeakable......glory that is unexplainable ......and peace, that passes all understanding.  It is amazing to me how You can supply what we need, when we need it. 
You know there are days when I look at the scripture lesson......or a devotional that I would ordinarily love......and I just close the book.  Why?  Because I'm weak or lax? Tired of trying and failing? Spiritually dragging?  Maybe I am.  Maybe I am just worn out.  Maybe I just need a little more sleep.  But, don't worry, Lord....I think You know, above all, that I am humanly inept at times.  I pray that You would preside over my being, in the moments I wander off.   I plead the blood of the Lamb that You would help me double bolt the back door of my heart.  I don't need satan pushing his way in when I am having a weak moment.  He is ever-so fervent in watching us letting down our guard.  Lord, give me the ammunition for battle that I will be needing, just when I need to fight!  I'd love to store it up......but, You and I both know I'd probably put it somewhere , and then, never be able to find it when I need it!  (Story of my life!) 
Jesus, use me.  Fill me.  Try me.....and find any thing that makes You sad.  Show me, Lord......so I can repair it.....quickly. 
"There is a Fountain.....Who is the King......Victorious Warrior.....and Lord, of everything.......My Rock, My Shelter, My very own......Blessed Redeemer, Who reigns upon the THRONE."  The song, Lord, "Who Can Satisfy My Soul"......is such a blessing.   Because You, Lord......are all of that and more.  All I need I find in You.
Thank You, Father.  In Jesus Name......Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment