My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, August 10, 2013

There is not more than one day that goes by that I don't remember what You have allowed me to enjoy and have blessed me with, Lord.   I am so touched by what You have given....to my husband and myself.  Our blessing of having been called to the Ministry....our family.....the friends and family that have given us their prayers and support......all of it, Lord.....deserves thanks. 

I love that You have given us the privilege of prayer.  To know that anytime, day or night, and anywhere......You listen to the cries of Your people.  I am part of that, Lord.  I am included in the grouping called "Your people".  It gives me solace.  In this world that cries out all the time for more and more and more......You give peace and contentment.  I've decided not to rush You for answers to the queries I have about my future, the hopes and yes, even at my age, the dreams.  No one knows what the morrow may hold.  I know so well, how answering a phone call can turn your life upside down.  My peace is knowing that only You are seeing the end from the beginning.....and, I want to be sure that You know my ultimate delight would be to spend eternity with You, dear One.  Nothing else could suffice.

You have given me the power....strength.....and purpose when I desperately need Your touch ..... throughout  the days when I worry about how to manage the issues that arise while.... and after raising a family.....living for You.....counting my blessings.....doing Your will.....and through the night.....when all I did during the day seems for naught. The security of having Your Word to guide me into all of the truth I can handle for the day.....and the promise that You will not leave me to my own devices....all of that gives me comfort.

I place the uncomfortable things I am responsible for.....times I've misspoken.....hurt someone with my words.....or behavior......into  Your hands.  My "devices" often turn out to be too self centered.  Even though I ask forgiveness for my transgressions.....I have to leave the ultimate answer for the forgiving power to You, Lord.  Nothing I have ever done.....or will do.....deserves this gift of mercy.

Jesus,  Lord of all.....accept my desire to show You the gratitude of my heart.  I pray in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment