My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In Your Time, Lord

You know how I have felt all day, Lord. You, more than anyone understands my interest in seeing how You will work out the concerns of my heart. I read something today that reminded me of a statement I made to You about 11 years ago. My husband and I knew You were going to do something for us....we just didn't know when. We had choices we knew were there for the taking. We also knew what we really wanted (and hoped it was in line with what You were thinking). It was an anxious time. It was an exciting time. Did I just say exciting? And I remember specifically saying to You
that I wasn't sure what You were going to lead us into but I was anxious to see how
it would all turn out. I said this in faith, believing that, because You are God, You
know the intent of our hearts and want us where we can do the best work for You. And
in that light, I was excited to see what was going to happen and how You were going
to do it all. I will remember this, Lord. Today, it came back to me for a reason....
I'm sure! You wanted to remind me that, yes, I can pray, and I can believe, and I can
even hope.....but ultimately, I will see Your power and Your will revealed in Your
way and in Your time. I will stop being pushy. I will stop trying to bargain. I will
lay all of my burdens at Your feet and believe. I pray in Your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment