My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pursuing Your Plan, Lord

It's amazing to me Lord how You can lift me to a higher place than I would ever believe. You lift me and grant me peace and the courage to step one foot in front of the other. Why am I so fearful to tread the same old path? A path that is well worn,
and there are signs showing the pitfalls so I can avoid them....No surprises. No real
blessing either. Is that it, Lord? Do You want me to forego the familiar? Are You
trying to make me feel a little uncomfortable? I have spent my life trying to deal
with the "uncomfortable" and trying to have a modicum of spirituality doing it. I'm
not sure about what You expect from me now....but I feel there is a place I need to
pursue. How do I show You I will never turn back? How do I give to You what I do not
feel is mine to give? Too many questions. And for now, no real answers... atleast the
ones I am looking for. Why I feel this way today, I do not know....but I do know You
have touched my heart in a way that shows me there is more to do.....and I don't mind
telling You that I am tired and am not sure I can or even want to do this. But, of
course, You know I will. I will because I cannot be happy in my relationship with You
if I do not open the door. A bit ago, not 5 minutes ago, someone knocked on my door.
I looked out to see if I knew who it was.....and I didn't. So.....I just didn't answer their beckoning. Was there a lesson for me there? Show me Lord. I'm open to
Your beckoning. I promise I am. If You're the One knocking, I'm going to be opening
the door to You. Show me Your plan. Show me how to fulfil it.
I am asking for Your will to be made plain for me. I am asking it all in the name of
Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment