My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SOS=needs help!

Lord, I need to talk to You. On days when I feel like this especially....I need to
talk to You. Just home from a nice, relaxing vacation with our family
with no accidents or catastrophies....and I am absolutely wiped out. What in the world?
Where does that come from? I can barely crawl out of bed....without looking at the
covers I'm pulling up over the pillows and wishing it were nighttime so I could get
back in. Lord, do you ever feel like this? Ever? No. I know You don't. I suppose You do however, relate to us when You think of Calvary and the trauma of that whole event for You. There is one time when You were aware of the humanity of our spirits. You understand when we beg to be relieved of the burdens we bear. You understand when we feel like we will never make it through the day. Decisions to make. Work that absolutely has to be done. Issues that have continually been placed on the "back burner" of our mind that have to be dealt with. Lord, only You truly understand and only You can give each of us the wisdom to do what is best, with You helping us. The issues that have to be dealt with....the needs of our family.....the
cries of our heart....well, Lord, they are still there. And we await Your mighty
power to heal our hearts....to answer the requests....and to wipe our tears with
your understanding. Lord, the words to a praise song we sing....."This is my desire;
to honor You....Lord, with all my heart, I worship You. All I have within me, I give
You praise. All that I adore is in You.....Lord, I give You my heart. I give You my
soul. I live for You alone. Ev'ry breath that I take, ev'ry moment I'm awake....Lord,
have Your way in me....have Your way in me." (and Lord, while you're at it...give me
a sense of peace in my weariness....if You would). Until then, I'm going to start
singing "the joy of the Lord is my strength" until the cows come home....HeeHeeHee!
You are the Joy of my life, Lord. Would You help me remember I just said that? I ask
accordingly, and respectfully that all of my requests and complaints and whining will
be deciphered into language that is in Jesus' name and desired will for me. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are home AC. I enjoyed your post. I often feel the same way after vacations or a big event. Maybe that's because I often use the end of the vacation as a startiog point for changing something major in my life or starting a some big project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, you just said a mouthful....and I'm
    wondering now (I just wrote another prayer) if
    that is what it is. Another mountain to climb
    (for me) and the feeling that I'm too tired to
    do it. I don't know.
    I loved the posting of "Father's" on Snippets.
    Love you Kathy

    ReplyDelete