My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 9, 2010

LOFTY THOUGHTS? (Hmmm....not so much!)

Lord, I just wrote a note to my grandson for his 18th birthday. I'm not sure why I try to be
profound and speak from a loftier position. Probably to try and impress him. And, You know what, Lord....I think I just should forget it.....and be normal (whatever that is). I know my attempt to give him
something to tuck away for future use....and be therefore wiser, is not a terribly bad thing....it's
just that I'm not sure I remember anything in particular that made me wiser when I was 18. I
do remember hearing my Dad say ...." What you are speaks so loud that the world can't hear
what you say"......especially from the pulpit. Although, I'm not sure I even recall knowing what
it meant. I wasn't into profound thinking, then. Decisions we make every day can often indicate
a choice we take with us the rest of our lives. The thoughts I think, Lord....the words I say, Lord... the places I go, Lord.....the things I choose to read or watch on television....Lord, these are
all decisions I have the choice to make. Now that I'm an adult, I often wonder if these things will
make a difference in my christian walk with You. Of course they do. You can often times make
a choice that will ring in your ears forever. It will prompt you to try something that you know
has been a "no-no" since you were little and under the rule of your parents....but, now that you
are "an adult", who's going to know? Well , Lord.....I hesitate to think what I've done that has
made you embarrassed for You to call me Your child. I can't even think right now of anything
in particular......I imagine Lord, as I go through this day, I'll think of more than one....
but my dear Father, not without regret and a plea to be forgiven, if need be. I am so grateful
Lord for a quick conscience. In my self awareness books, I can see that I am prone to the "feel-
ing guilty" area....in some ways, it's not a bad thing. The second look at behavior, thoughts and
words are often helpful ...I think, Lord. I want to be nudged. I want the red flags to wave. I
want the areas of my life that annoy You to be highlighted in red....just like this spelcheck thingy
on the computer. The song we sing so often, Lord..."The Potter's Hand"....says...."I'm captured
by Your Holy calling, set me apart, I know You're drawing me to Yourself; Lead me Lord, I
pray...Take me, mold me, use me , fill me, I give my life to the Potter's hand.....Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me; I give my life to the Potter's hand.....". This song is my prayer,
Lord Jesus. Make it so, in my life. And....if You would....temper my note to my precious
grandson, into the words he will "get"....not as a sermon from his grandmother, but words
that You would say to him on his 18th birthday. I love You , Lord. Thank You for taking my
heart thoughts and translating them into what I really need. All of this, and more....I ask in
the name of Jesus...the Savior of the world. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Your grandson is blessed to have someone like you who will take the time to write to him. Hopefully the words you wrote to him he has found them to be a blessing or someday he will find them to be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete