My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 2, 2010

At my wit's end....You are there, Lord!

I remember it pretty well, Lord. I was sitting in the living room at our home in Warrenton, Virginia. (You know what,
Lord....I can't even remember the address of that place!) I know You must recall my constant barrage of prayers to
You. "Please help us, Lord.....Would You do something, Lord......Why can't we seem to resolve this mess, Lord.....
What do You want us to do Lord......I thought You sent us here to do Your work.....". On and on my pleas to You
droned into the quiet heavens. I searched and searched for answers to the questions I had, in the Word. So many of
the devotionals I read and scriptures I looked at implied that if I would just wait, and be patient, and stop moaning and
complaining.....just maybe I would survive this nightmare I felt we were in. But, me being me, could not wait very
patiently at all. When I look back at how You rescued us, I wonder now why I couldn't relax. I know You do all things well. I know You have Your own timing. ( You know, Lord....the timing that is never late, or too early.....it's
always right on time.) Excepting the fact that I don't care for waiting part, I know that it hones my anxious spirit. Any-
way Lord....while I was thinking about past verses that You have pointed out to me in my devotional times....I recall
seeing this verse in my "Streams in The Desert" devotional book. I remember staring at it and thinking, " what version
of the Bible is that?" And, turning to the scripture to find it, I couldn't believe I was reading words that were so down
to earth, Lord. I remember thinking, "Okay, Lord. I know You've heard me....I really believe You understand my pain...please help me keep holding on." I wanted to share this with my friend this week and show her that God does
sustain us and understand us. Psalm 107:27-28.....was a balm to my wounded soul. Just knowing that You saw
my discomfort and gave to me something that would speak to my bleeding heart touched me so....even as I recall
it today. The part where it says, "......They reeled and staggered like drunk men; THEY WERE AT THEIR WIT'S
END".....and cried out to the Lord in their trouble and he brought them out of their distress...." . The "wit's end" part
just grabbed me and made me pay attention to the " joy of my salvation" that You provided to my spirit. I ask Lord,
that You would remind me often that You DO care and that You KNOW how to help us grow in our relationship with
You. I need that presence to be always with me....to speak of it, to adhere to it, to impress it on anyone to whom
You send my way. I am grateful Lord for Your intervening for me this week. For giving me Your wisdom in knowing
how my body is reacting to medications that have been prescribed for me. I find Lord that You are well able to show
us when something is not quite right. Today I feel as if You and I are walking side by side. I know I often lag behind,
looking at perhaps another road we could take, or a place we could stop so I could "sight-see".....and You, being
the wonderful Father You are; stops and looks back at me and without a word being spoken, I know it is time to
keep pressing on and so, I do. I do not want to get sidetracked Lord. There are too many things that steal my
time away from You....I have to be on guard at all times. "Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world."
You Lord, are my desire. To be like You. To speak the words that are the ones You would use. To think like You.
I pray, and thank You and ask all in the name and power of Jesus. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you illustrate the times of your life with the verses that were meaningful to you in those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy Davis DivenOctober 4, 2010 at 5:15 AM

    How true is that...we get so sidetracked with the things that WE think are so important to do when actually they are nothing compared to the real work HE has for each of us. We miss out on so many blessings from HIM because of this...help me not to get sidetracked Lord and to stay focused on YOU and to receive the blessings you have waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can say the words that we often think about but can not put it out there for all to read. The scriptures make it even more encouraging and makes us want to look them up to see what the Lord was saying to you at the time. It is also very inspiring for me to see how your life has influenced your family. May God Bless you and yours'.

    ReplyDelete