My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, December 25, 2010

"O, What a Savior! The Gift of all Gifts"

It's early Christmas morning, Lord. "Rejoice in the Lord, always....and again I say rejoice! .....for
unto you is born, this day in the city of David, a Saviour which is Christ the Lord......and is name is Jesus.....for He is born to save His people from their sins.....". And, for me, Lord.....born to set
me free and live in peace with all men, as is humanly possible. Why, Oh why.....is that so hard
for us to do.....Mia Angelo.... wrote once ....."Do you want to have peace, or do you want to be
right?". Lord, I know it isn't scriptural, but it sure is true, isn't it? That's all you have to do for
some relationships....just keep your mouth shut. Sometimes, I have a little trouble here. You
know, Lord....there have been times, when I rattle off my "views" and not one bit of it is heard by ANYONE....SO, I conclude that I should just let you do the communication part of it, when
and IF you ever deem necessary. You and I tend to be right, are we not!! (heehee) Lord, I only
wish. Thank you, Lord....for the plan of salvation layed out for us, from the manger in
Bethlehem to the cross of Calvary to the ascension to the right hand of Your Father, Lord. What
a gift we are presented with.....the endless joy of true peace in the midst of the storms of life
that can put us to our knees and often, out of commission entirely. Thank You that the gift
You presented us with on Your birthday, allows us to enjoy the fruits of Your labors. To under
stand the gift of salvation is not possible for me. I merely accept what You have given, with
the most careful attention to detail, as I unwrap this beautiful present. Just to pull the end of
the bow....a brilliant burgundy red (as I see it) to untie it.....to carefully remove the white
covering and lay it aside....(perhaps to just keep as I often do many things).... I see that the life
you have presented me with is more....excessively more, than I could ever have dreamed or
imagined. I know that my choices throughout my time here on earth have placed flaws in the
delicate, precision planned scenario for my life.....but , I also know that the broken pieces I have
handed You at times, have been created into the most beautifully designed mosaic I've ever seen
or even envisioned. I have read scenario's of this sort before....each worded in such a way to
express the emotion of the writer at the time. For me, and the words that make up my vocabu-
lary.... this is the best I can come up with.
To open a gift, perhaps, even this morning after everyone arises, is to view the presentation...
the content....the thought behind it....and the ultimate use of the gift. Therein , seeing what my
application to the gift given to us by Your Father in Heaven. The presentation is priceless...the
content is peace personified...the thought process behind it is incalculable...and the plan to put
this gift into good, fruitful use, is the most important part of it. I pray, Father....that I would
continue to put to good use, the gift You presented to me many years ago. I love that You love
me. I love that You have blessed me with such a priceless plan. I will never tuck this away in
a drawer, and forget what I did with it. I will forever wear this as armor to head into battle
or glean from the precepts as I lay quietly for strength to resume.
The power of the Cross, the hope for a brighter tomorrow, the Joy of my salvation....are all
aspects of the gift. I will forever be grateful for it. I bless Your name , O Lord. You are the
God of my salvation.
I praise Your name and ask, as per usual, Your blessing on this day....in essence, the day we
celebrate Your birth. I love You, Lord....and I lift my voice , to worship You. Amen.

seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment