My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, May 22, 2011

ALL IN THE NAME OF JESUS....always!

So, Lord.....I woke up yesterday and didn't feel on top of the world.....rather, I was awakened and .......okay, 'nuf said. Today, actually I find myself out of bed and feeling around for my glasses before my eyes are open. The world did not end yesterday. I did look to check and see if John
was still here......he was and so, here we are and ready to listen to all the fall-out from
the world and their take on the fact that You did not come to rescue us yesterday. That will
come another day. You know Lord.....so many don't believe it will happen anyway. That story
has been around for a thousand years and so many just think that it is "just a story". I feel for
this man's family and the future of his Christian Radio ministry. Lord, to blast and make fun of
his theories are pointless. I contend that IF one individual thought he might miss Heaven and
put their life in Your hands because of this.....perhaps....maybe......? I don't know. I do know it
is our business to make sure our life and salvation is in Your hands. I will try and stay focused on the reality of making sure I am ready to meet the King of Kings when He calls for me.

My goal to be the instrument You intend for me to be to all I influence is uppermost in my mind.
We are to be the light for those who find their path darkened. I found myself answering some
questions this morning to someone I don't know very well. Someone who is searching the
scriptures, Old and New Testament characters....whom You chose to teach lessons to us. The
story of Job and how You allowed satan to try and "get to him" with the loss of his possessions
and children and ill health. I tried to explain how I saw the scriptural presentation of his story.

I find it so interesting how people interpret what they read so differently. Anyway, as soon as I realized I was going to have to talk to him (on the phone) I breathed an SOS prayer to You knowing that words can become convoluted......especially when you're afraid you will say the wrong thing. My fear. My concern always has been that when someone needs You and asks some pretty pointed questions....I don't blow it. Yeah....that looks real professional. But, it is my
truth. I always have been fearful when someone looks to me for an answer that will intrigue
them in You enough to seek You....that I will forever say the wrong thing. Lord in all
the classes I've taught, young people I've worked with, and friends I've conversed with....that
my words would be Your words. On occasion, I've come home from a class and said, "Lord,
please erase that from their mind." And, Lord.....I've always believed I have their best interest
at heart and find that giving my questions to You were all I could ever really do.

I am only an instrument. I know my life's work is not going to be saving the world.....but where I am....if it is only standing in the line at Walmart, I can be Your ambassador. To be an encourager and a listening ear when someone needs one....I ask for Your help....(because way to often I want to run away or appear to be too busy) to be there for just one individual that needs You.


It is Your favor that I crave today. It is imminent for me to have all You can spare. For some
reason, I feel especially needy. My hope is in You, Lord. My life is in You, Lord.


All I speak of, think of, and do this day, I place in Your hands....and the power of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment