My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hi dear One......I am calling on You today because I am filled with anxiety about concerns.  The concerns are not huge....just troublesome.  You know, the gnawing feeling that something isn't quite right.  I have always wondered  about how to discern what is necessary to bring into my day to day prayer time.....and because I haven't taken the time.....I just bombard You with it all.  I've always assumed since You are in charge of me.....You should know about it all anyway.   Yesterday, I went out awhile.
I asked that I would be Your instrument while I was gone.  In the conversation I shared with the others I met with, I "planned" on being quiet and to just listen.  I was bothered later, when I realized I just entered into the conversation as most folks do.....and then, later, thought I should have maintained my usual silence.  I am beginning to see that my words, thoughts and "outloud" feelings.....are not all that often taken in the way I mean them.  Hence, that misunderstanding requires my explaining.....therein lies more words spoken than necessary.  I am so often trying to explain "what I mean" that I would much more like to cease conversation.   And, then too, Lord........You and I have this nice connection and conversation that I almost always "get".   Of course, too......I love NOT having to explain myself to You.  Everyone has their own "truth".  Sometimes I hear it and agree.  And, there are times when I hear it and don't agree.  I guess what I need Lord, is for You to suggest, ie:
nudge, shove or implant the importance of responding or not.  Why is it important for me to express my thoughts to one who may find my words unimportant, stupid, or senseless.  And, why....after all these years of keeping my thoughts between You and me, do I find it "necessary" to speak them aloud.
Lord.....I spoke of this in my last "outloud" letter.  I want to make sure that my heart and mind are in sync.  No glory to me.  No kudos.
These days are for You, Lord.  We need to place our trust in You.  You are the provider of wisdom. You give us the blessings we enjoy.  I have never doubted that or discounted it.  Give me Your favor
that is for me to enjoy today.  Give me Your words.  Give me a heart like Yours.  Give me Your spirit of discernment to know what is right for me.  Help me to realize that what is right for me, is not always necessarily the right way for someone else.  I know I am in a position of leadership.  I only want to speak "the truth" that You need spoken.  My ideas aside.  The "I think(s)"are really not what other folks need to hear from me.  Lord.....if I knew what I was talking about, You'd be disgusted with me......BUT, I don't......so , You have free reign to lead me into the truth You have for me today.  I will be watching for Your instruction......and leadership.....and anything else You would choose to throw my way.  I need You, Lord.  More than I did yesterday.  Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.  Give me Your peace for me today.  I ask all and speak in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment