My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SO.....What do YOU want ME to do?

Well, here is my dilemna.  I have the tools.  I have the desire (most of the time).  I want to please You.  I love to do things that please You.  I like the warmth of Your smile on my face.  What is it I can do that will give me peace and You, dear One , a little "worry-free rest".  I know it is impossible for You to be weary or worried.....but, You know what I mean, Lord.  Just once I'd love for You to not be concerned that I am going to NOT be the instrument for You that You planned for me to be.  Forget the sentence structure , Lord.  You know my heart and my desire to please You.  There are many times I have failed and I know You  could recite this, chapter and verse, but You hear the cries of my heart...... and see my hearts desire as I view it......You also know the level of understanding I have in doing what You plan for me to do for You.  Understanding the whole picture is often what keeps me from following through.....so often.  Of course then, the devil wins.  I have gone off on a tangent, close by and all very legitimate, but not in Your plan for me at all.   Help me to remain focused on what I find that You are pressing me to do! " Understanding the whole picture is not what I need to focus on".  You know what, Lord?  I'll just bet I would look at You and say (silently of course!)  "No way, Jose!"  Understanding Your plan......seeing the end from the begining......?  Forget it.  It's interesting and enlightening to  see what You allowed to happen and how "all things work together for our good and Your glory......".   This is usually always misunderstood.  How many times I have heard someone we are ministering to ......quote or partly quote that verse and ask ....."How could this possibly work out to be for my good and God's glory?"  And, Lord.....I usually have no answer.  Atleast not one that I would consider "insightful".  ( Regrettably Lord, I often try to impress with my "wisdom". Sorry.)
 
Thank You Father for the promise of bright hope for this new year.  Pleasing You and nurturing the seeds that have been planted throughout the last year are my goal.  I realize my ambition to serve You wisely and effectively is a bit over-dramatized......but,  I want to assure You my desire is true.  Give me Your power, Lord.  Implant Your favor on me today.  Bless me as I need to be blessed.  I give You complete reign.

For You......I ask all in the name of Jesus.  And, Your will to be done, ultimately.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment