My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, January 19, 2013

When I wake up in the morning.....often....really, Lord.....pretty often, I am thanking You.  "For what?", You say.  Well.....I think, dear One.....it is the fact that I woke up!
And.....that I can walk to the bathroom on my own.....go prepare my coffee.....grab my blanket to snuggle with and go read a devotional.....stare at the world around me....snap on the news for the day.....yes!  All of those things, Lord.  All of those things.  I remember my mother in her last days.  She'd wake up to the sound of a machine breathing for her.  She couldn't move enough to even rub her eyes a bit.  She had to wait for someone to come to "get her up".  Maybe, Lord.....maybe it's because I love to read Joni Earickson Tada's devotional's so much.  I love the candidness of her writing.
I love that unless I purposely think about it, she is just like all of us. Her being a quadraplegia......not even in the picture.  Her desires, her wants and her needs.  Yet, she cannot move freely unless someone comes to help her in the morning.  She has to lay still until someone comes to help her get up.  Lord....what is it that makes me get up?  Why am I allowed this freedom?  And, what do I do with it?  Squander the oportunities you send my way?  Feign tiredness?  Sit on the couch and waste my day?  Lord, there are people (some I know and some I don't)  that need someone to listen to them.  So often, Lord....You arrange a strange meeting.  Do I pay attention?  Do I listen appropriately?  Are my comments self serving?  Am I empathetic to them?  I just saw a post about a gentleman who has been homeless, is struggling with an addiction, has been incarcerated, and , is awaiting the court system to make a decision on his freedom.  He is an acquaintance.  He has been in our church services.  At that time, I never "saw" him as "homeless" or "destitute" or "addicted" or "lost".    And yet....I guess he is all of those things.  Is he Your child?  Has he asked You to be  his Lord?   Has he asked for a clean heart?  Your timing is what is most important, Lord.  We all have our own timetable.....for ourselves.....and for others.  It usually is coordinated with our own thinking.  It isn't always aligned with Your plan.  Help our friend today, Lord.  I ask that his wait for the court date be Your plan for him.  That he would be ready to serve You fully and completely in his life.  I ask that
all he needs would be ready for him to access when the time is right. 
I'm grateful, Lord....for the phone calls this week to tell me You are busy making a difference in the lives of those I love.  Many prayers have been prayed.  Many tears have been shed.  And....now, the wrongs are being righted!  Thank You, Lord.  I regret having actually believed it would NEVER happen.  I love being wrong!  Yikes.  I can't believe I just said that.  I love watching miracles happen......things I never thought possible.  As my mom layed still......watching and waiting.....hoping.....praying......I hope you whisper to her that her prayers are being answered when You see her the next time, Lord.  It will comfort her even more than she already is.
Fulfil my day, Lord.  Help me to be a blessing for You.  I pray my attempts at being Your ambassador, will be appropriate.
"Create in me a clean heart.....one that can glow and grow for You".  Not one that man can look at ......but, one that You, dear One, can look at and retain all the glory for Yourself.  I pray today for the Son to shine in me.  All I ask, I ask in the name of Jesus.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment