My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, July 8, 2013

Dear One......Thank You.  Thank You for the power of Your Word to us.  I find nothing more delightful.....than to open the scriptures and see a verse that will attend to the needs of my soul.....at just the time I need to see it.  The peace that it affords me is priceless.....and irreplaceable.  Lord, I need Your intervention continually in my life.  If I am without it for too long.....I feel that my steps are a little shaky and my words, regrettably, insignificant.  For years, I said little.  After a while, giving no opinion wears on you.  And, then.....what comes flying out of your mouth.....is often, not so good.  Way too memorable in my case history!  I am grateful for the untamed filter I have found in giving You the utter truth of my heart.  You take those places of regret and fear.....and lay hold of what is really  vital for me and my responsibilities to You as Your servant.  Lord, it would be a sorrowful end for me to know that my words and attempts to "fix" a wrong, would be misunderstood and ill advised.  Lord, always take my attempt to "fix" things as trying to be like You......not trying to replace You.
I cannot do anything I please, just because I have been a Christian for a hundred years.  I cannot say anything I please, for the same reason.  My abilities to give wise  advice come from Your wisdom infused in me.  The words I would use, would be as a foreign language to me.  That is how I know that Your wisdom is being spoken through me.  I just do not have the power on my own to even think of the words coming out of my mouth.   Being empowered by Your divine-ness is all I can depend on.  To do this, Lord......I need a clear line open at all times between You and me.  I would assume that all aspects of living as close to You as possible is my finest hope.  I love knowing that to live as close to You as possible......all I need to do is keep all lines of communication open is pay attention to Your words to me.  Spoken or written.
No disobeying Your Word.....as I understand it.  To listen to Your "still, small voice" carefully and to heed the warnings You give.....and to ask for all the empowerment You can trust me with. 
"Oh, deeper yet, I pray.....and higher everyday......and wiser, Blessed Lord.....In Thy precious, holy Word."
In all I pray and ask requests for.....I ask in Jesus Name....Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment