My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I was wondering, Lord......do You have any trouble understanding me.....You know, at times?  When my feelings are all over the place?  When I have trouble even stating to You what I think?  Do You see deep down?  Can You understand my heart thoughts?   Mostly, do You get weary of all my moods?  Now, I ask all of these questions.....and  find myself not at all fearful that You would say anything other than....."No, child.  I see you.  I hear you.  I understand you to the deepest recesses of my own self.  No one could possibly ever understand you like I do".  That is how I feel You would respond to me. 

 Lord, I recently misunderstood the cries of anothers' heart thoughts.  As I carefully stated my own thoughts quite succinctly, I thought, in response......I found later that I had understood nothing of their need at all. It made me feel sorrowful that I was concerned about one thing.  My thoughts.  You know, Lord.....I used to never really state an opinion.....negative or otherwise. I began to feel as if I were a candidate for "Martyrdom".    Several years ago I decided "someone" needed to hear it. Now, a few years later, I'm not so sure it was a smart choice, dear One.  It is really so much wiser  to listen, I think.  Not just with my ears....but, with my heart too.  I'd like to get better at that.  Every one wants to be heard.  Every one likes to hear that they have worth.  Others, Lord.  I'd like to make sure this could be a part of my ministry to others.  To listen with our heart's as You do, Lord. You always know what we need......whether we like it or not.  I am glad, dear One, that You know exactly what will make me  into the image of Yourself that You need me to be.  Is that even possible?  Would You be happy if I could be? 
Whatever Your plan is, Lord. 
Whatever Your will for me is,  may I be Your example.



'Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. 

In all I ask and pray, I ask in Jesus name.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi AC, Loved your post on this beautiful Sabbath Day. Love, K

    ReplyDelete