My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, September 24, 2013



Lord.....I'm trying to figure out how to say this.....'course You absolutely know how I think and already know......how very juvenile my thinking can be. I wish my thinking could be a little more profound.  You know Lord.  You know and the few that were in our Prayer Meeting group do too.....that our little series on "Revival" was tepidly received. Even as I studied the pages I found on my computer search.....I was so surprised that You had pushed me to keep the word "Revival" on our minds.  When the service  Sunday started out.....the singing was grand.  I love that VBS song that we sang at first...."You Gave".  One of my favorite lines is the last one......"Now, the least that I can do......is live my life for You".   Lord....that is the crux of all I tend to think about anymore.  Why in the world do I worry about the "things I prefer not to write 'out loud' and just leave it all in Your care.  Of course, You know my fears.....but, You also know my deepest desire is to "live my life for You."  So that even at my age, there will be no question for anyone, that my goal is to be like You.  So.....anyway, Lord.....when Edith stood up.....I knew.....my husband knew.....the Wednesday Night crowd knew too......something was happening.  I was excited beyond belief.....I knew that when she sat down, someone else would stand up.  Oh dear One.....I could hardly contain myself.  I was dancing across the front of the church in my mind, saying, "This is what we've been talking about....this is what we've prayed for.....all good, except for one thing.....I wanted some credit.  Yuck, Lord.  That just spoils it all.  I. I. I.  It's You, Lord.  You bless us with Your presence.  You get people to their feet.  You show us what is possible.  You fulfill the desires of our hearts.  And, on and on and on.  You do it.....when You are asked and invited to join us in our quest for the basis of "Revival".  Forgive me Father for the "I" thoughts that just can ruin everything.  We were so blessed to see Your wonderful presence in our service Sunday.  So many.....too many......have never seen a service "where heaven comes down.....and glory fills our souls."  It was a blessing, I think, to all who sat and observed what was happening.  It was all praise to You, Father.  Each testimony was a special tribute to You.
"How can I say thanks.....for the things You have done for me.....things so undeserved.....yet You do, to prove Your love  for me.....".   The song goes on to tell us that ALL tributes, and all glory, should go to You.  "To God be the glory....To God be the glory.....for the things He has done." 
And, I do say "Thank You" Lord.....for showing all of us that You are the same God.  You wait to be asked.  You are always a gentleman.  All glory and honor to You, dear One.  I will forever be Yours.  Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment