My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, October 7, 2013

I was thinking this morning, after I looked at the facebook site and saw the first post from our friends, the Babbs;  Oh, Lord Jesus.......how wonderful it is to have You to go to.  Our friends are suffering.  Their daughter is suffering because her child is in danger. She's been hospitalized and they are waiting.  We can't say enough of the right words....even if we could think of them...... when we go to You with our incomplete sentences of grief, You, dear One, decipher the thoughts and intercede for us.  Our prayer is for Lizzie, a precious, precocious, bundle of energy.  We would love to see a miracle take place.  We would be thrilled to hear...."The doctor's were wrong......whatever "it" was.....is gone."  Jesus, is that Your will?  Could it be?
And......how in the world do we cope with anything else?

You, dear One, take on our heartaches and pain.  You help us "accept" what we have to live with.....and, most of the time, we can move on and live somewhat  productive lives.  Only You know what we will have to deal with.....until, one day, You deem it necessary for us to climb a mountain we absolutely never believed possible.  Is it truly necessary for us to walk on this road......so filled with unknown pitfalls?  Does it make us stronger, wiser Christian's?  Lord, I have come to believe it does and will......I find, though, that in the interim.....I'd like to not have to find out.  Jesus, I know I probably disappoint You with my analizing......especially when it comes to my spiritual growth.....maybe by now, You just expect it from me.  In all reality, I am so amazed at what You have allowed, and I have lived through.....maybe we could just take a break for awhile?  Oh, Lord.....all I need , I find in Jesus.  The author wrote....."There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus.....".  How can that be, Lord?  I find You a friend above all others.  A friend, in high places, that can relieve my fears....calm my anxious heartbeat and give me peace that passes all understanding. 

I found myself at first struggling last week.....when I posted my "outloud" prayer on my blog.....and it appeared that no one read it.  There were no "likes" on facebook and no comments that told me......."Hey, Corrine.....keep up the good work....etc.....etc."   As the week went by, because of what my prayer initially was about.....I kept re-reading it.  I honestly think, Lord, that I read it about 6 or 7 times.....and each time I did.....I gave back to You what I promised I would.  The flowers were too cumbersome.....the "gifts of words"......too many to carry.  Thank You for picking up the load of gifts I left at the foot of the cross.  You, who deserves all the glory anyway, knew exactly how to handle all of it. The entire process anyway is to bring glory to You....not to me.  "My Letters To God" are just that.  To God Be The Glory.....Great Things He Hath Done".

I am grateful, Lord, that You take all of our anxieties and each request of our cares, to the Mercy Seat of God.  We do beg for Your mercies to surround us......We ask for peace....we ask for  the wisdom to understand, if You would.  And, in and through all, we ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment