My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dear One....."How can I say thanks for all the things You have done for me.....things so undeserved, yet, You do.....to prove Your love for me.....The voices of a thousand angels, could not express my gratitude.....All that I am.....or, ever hope to be, I owe it all to You.  To God be the glory.  To God be the glory.....to God be the glory.....for the things He hath done.....".   All of that song.....every word of it, applies to my prayer to You today, Lord.  You have graciously given to my husband and I such honor.  I, who sometimes come to You, dragging my feet as he (my husband) is pulling me along while I run my mouth...."silently yelling, 'I don't want to go!'  .......You, who could easily say...." Go ahead.  Sit there.  Miss out on this blessing.  You will be the loser."  I am amazed You still love me.  I am overwhelmed to even be allowed to be serving in Your kingdom.  Why do You love me, Lord?  Even if You could explain in words I could understand, I wouldn't.  I don't think any one is capable of understanding the unmerited grace You provide to us as Your children.  Not all of them are as stubborn as I am....I know that for sure.  But, somehow You give me peace.....understanding.....and that wonderful unfailing love that You are so good at.

As I basked in the glow of the honor for my husband and myself this weekend.....I felt so undeserving.  I just tried to relax a little and enjoy Your presence.  I do know that I am sliding along on his coat tails.....dear Jesus.....help me not to spoil it for him with all my "discerning".  The areas that plague me.......... the angst I almost continually feel when I try to enjoy the graciousness of honor and tributes to us.....well, I will leave it at the foot of the cross for You to carry for me.

  You know, Lord.  You know how I feel about my Dad and Mom......and the end of their ministry.
I don't remember them being honored.  Ever.  And....I know the kind of ministers they were for You.  Selfless, unabashed, tireless.  There are more words to describe them......wonderful ones.....but, You know best,  the lives that they lived for You.  When one is called and responds to it....You have special work to be done.  They did it.  And, they did it honorably.  I know that when man cannot or will not observe one's service.....then, You will see to it that it is done, kingdom style.  I praise You for that, Lord.  No one could do a better job.  When I am reminded of the fact that they were never honored.....and I have been.....I feel so unworthy to be given any praise.  It is the evil one's way to try to keep me chained.  Lord Jesus, my hope and prayer is to continually watch and be diligent in doing so.  These are the ploys of satan.  If he can keep me feeling guilty for the things I have been given......jealous of those who have more......I can no longer appreciate what God has allowed us to have.  A friend, long ago, quoted this, and I have put my own spin on it.  It works though.  All satan needs is a crack in our armor......and he will slink in.  I aim to keep the maintenance men busy.....welding, sanding, and  polishing mine......once again pushing him out in the name of Jesus......and keeping him out.  In the meantime, I will place my "gifts" at the foot of the cross.  That, dear One, is where they belong.

Thank You, dear Lord......for all You have given. 
I pray in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment