My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lord, I'm wondering.....how can I have writer's block when I am writing to You?  I mumble, complain, ask, seek, and knock for days.....and I just can't seem to ever get it right. I hate to appear too needy.  But, then.....I tend to want to run the show!  That does get me into trouble!   Too often I am pleading.  Now Lord, I think You know about my heart.  You know when I need to make a change there.  You also know all about my nesting instincts.  How desperate am I for an answer?  What will I do if I don't like the answer You give to me?  When will I stop acting like a child?  Can I truly know that whatever door opens......is the right door?  In all I ask, and in all I do, I honor You, dear Lord.  I realize that there are letters I've written to You that do not show a lot of "honor".  I guess that is because I am too human.  Honestly, I'd like to tell You how thankful I am for the forgiveness You freely give. I'd like to be more than You would ever expect me to be.  I'd like to have more sense than You would ever expect me to have.  Jesus...Lord of all.....show me what is Your perfect plan.  And, I pray, dear Lord, that You would show me what is right.  By Your word very often...by Your teaching and constant abiding....I have learned and lived to accept the decisions You have encouraged me to make.  Is that how it works, Lord?  So often....I have gone by what I think is best.  What I like.  How I feel.  Enjoying more pro's than con's.  And, all of the other etcetera's.  Lord.....I think You know my heart.  All of the years that I have encountered Your presence in the decision making areas of my life.....there are only a few I have questioned.  Yet, I know and appreciate all of the side roads and valleys I have tread upon.....I have learned and grown, spiritually speaking.  I depend on You, dear One.....to give me wisdom and clarity to discern the spirits that cause such confusion.  I ask for Your guidance in all I do. 

Thank You, Lord....for all the answers in the past that have led me to this point.  For all I ask and speak of.....I do it in the name of Jesus.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment