My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Thanking You...."

Father in Heaven.....I thank You for all You've done for me. I am so unbelievably
blessed by You I can hardly stand it. You always do for me what I cannot seemingly do
for myself. You answer my prayers when You're ready to and I thank You. Okay, so I
got a little carried away. HeeHee! Regrettably, (even though I know I should) I do not thank You when You answer my prayers "when You are ready to" or "the way You want to". I have, you know, specific ideas about how things should be done. I think, because I'm Your child, that I sort of have a basic idea of how You want things to be.....and that's how I expect You to answer.
Okay, so let me get back to the "thanking You" part. I love how You love me enough to look past the flaws in my life and think, " Maybe if I'm patient enough, she'll actually get it". Lord, I have so many blessings and gifts from Your hand. Left to my own devices, I know I would never have chosen a husband that would love me like John does. And, You and I both know.....You did the picking.....and I finally put the man out of his misery. I would never have been able to serve You as I have. I thank You for putting people in my life that pushed me to my absolute limit (I thought, then). Playing, speaking, teaching....just to name a few things that You blessed me in doing. You Lord, are my light. You Lord, give me peace in the midst of storms that come. (And I know this because I have experienced that peace). Often I have not thought the storm was praiseworthy....and have seen later that Your purpose could only be fulfilled in that storm. I regret giving You
grief throughout the process, Lord. And You, being the gentleman that You are, stood
there, while I complained and listened....and then smiled and walked away....just
waiting for me to SEE what You had in mind all along. I love You Lord. Thank You for
allowing me to be me and loving me through it. I praise You for Your power and omnicience. Since I know that You are God and have my best interest in Your heart, I
defer to all You plan....for all You will allow....for all I need. (So, please notice
that I'm not going to go cover my head and wait for the fall out!) I will trust in
You. In the name of Jesus I pray each word....and Your divine will to be done. Amen.

1 comment: