My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rise up and Walk on...

Sometimes there are days when I wonder why I even got up. Lord, this whole last week was one of those days. I find that when I am bothered...when I am alone in spirit, only you can give me peace. The pitfalls that plague me are what everyone in life has to deal with....even though they are minor issues, when they come one after the other I feel as if someone is out to get me. Lord, I know that when I am trying to understand the discomfort, and can't....You are the answer for me. I believe, at times, it's as simple as the chorus we sang as children ...."This Little Light of Mine". Part of it says "Don't let satan blow it out...I'm gonna' let it shine" . I'm afraid I am guilty of doing that too much....and I want You to help me stop it! I realize You are not trying to "get me to fall on my face" so I will follow You closer. I realize You loved me enough to die for me. (Well, not really....but I do accept it). I believe it is the stuff of life. The stupid picture on my driver's license that is supposed to be me. Falling, tripping and dropping the phone on my next-to-the little toe, wrecking havoc, forgetting important stuff and feeling stupid all seem to be on my list this time. Nothing earth-shaking. Just the things that happen in our lives all the time that make us feel like we are not in control of anything that matters and all the dignity that we have has been mutilated. Okay, okay. I know I get carried away. All I can say is You are my hope....and in You I find my rescue rope. Fumbling around for it in the past has driven me to distraction. All I need Jesus. is to reach out to You.....for this is where my help and my solace comes from. You alone are worthy. You are Holy. Only You can give me what I need...and Lord....I need You more than ever before. In the name of Jesus, I pray and ask for the blessing of Your approval....Amen. I love You, Lord!

1 comment: