My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Doing What You Do Best...

Lord....what can I say? I see You answering the prayers I have agonized over and I
don't even know how to give You the thanks You deserve. You have given and now You
are taking away. I find that so often, after the prayers have been answered, whether
"yes", "no", or "wait".....I am a bit anxious. "Okay, Lord...You've answered my re
quest and there is no lingering doubt that satan has stepped in and pulled a fast one...so, what are You going to do about this or that." You know, Lord. It's stuff
that always concerns us when we are worried about our general welfare. Lord, time
after time You have answered my prayers even before I knew I should pray....You supply the needs and even some wants. When You do this, it is almost like I have
waved a magic wand. I wish I wasn't so surprised when this happens. I wish that I
would depend on Your answer being "right on time" all the time...knowing it is not
just a coincidence or the power of positive thinking. Hmmm, Lord...I am not usually
a very positive person...it is a huge flaw in my psyche. I try incessantly to combat
it with the re-enforcements You have given me in Your Word....and most of the time, I
manage it with Your help. It is a wonder to me that You have been able to do any
thing positive with me. I do thank You Lord for giving me the powerful scriptures
that speak to me and give me hope. When I read the scripture a few days ago about
You "doing a new thing"....and making "rivers in the desert...roadways in the wilder
ness"...I knew You had been busy. Now that I have thanked You, I want You to know I
give You all the praise that is within me and will not worry anymore. Please, Lord.
You know how hard this is for me....help me to do it!! I just don't have the power
on my own. It is with a grateful heart I write my heart thoughts to You. I pray
only in the name of Jesus and the power of Your will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment