My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, July 26, 2010

Standing on Your Promises....

Lord, You know my heart. You know the feelings that abound. When You do what You
promise You will do......well, Lord.....I think You know that it just takes my breath
away. I am so thankful that You have my heart. I am so thankful that You give me
portions of scripture that speak to my heart's cry. "How can I say thanks....for the things You have done for me...things so undeserved....yet You do to prove Your love
for me...the voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude....all that I am or ever hope to be...I owe it all to You." Andre Crouch said it so perfectly in
that piece of music. I also believe that the times when we are waiting for Your
answers...are the times we need to draw closer to You. I often feel as if I am tugging on the hem of Your garment (because I see myself at Your feet, looking up)...and thinking " maybe if I just stay here and be quiet, You'll look down at
some point and say, "Child of mine, I haven't forgotten. Just believe I have my plan
in place...and when I am ready...". Lord, I am thankful too,
when I read a verse You've inspired, I'm sure it is something 'just for me'. The coincidence factor is not an option for me. I believe
in You, Lord....I believe You are the Son of God and that I, am a living, breathing
instrument for You. And, I thank You for that. For using me, an imperfect piece of
pottery, waiting to be molded finally into the perfection You had in mind. I give You
my heart, dear One... in You I place my trust. Thank You for my life and the heritage
that has brought me to this point. I pray and give thanks to You and You alone. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. As always AC, beautiful post. I also love the new picture of the family and the new layout for your blog. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete