My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, September 27, 2010

I'M FOREVER GRATEFUL....

Lord, ever since I have decided to share some of my prayers on this blog I started, I've found it
a little harder to talk to you. I wonder why? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I refuse to allow
satan to suppress my heart thoughts and confuse me into thinking it's not necessary to talk to
You on a regular basis. I have always felt that to tell You the feelings of my heart and my soul
will allow me to tread a little closer to the throne than I ever thought I could. I don't want to
spoil that in any way....and I will not.....stop writing and communing with You.
Thank You Lord for guarding my heart and mind. Thank You for the blessings John and I have enjoyed
as a married couple. Mostly, the heritages that we have been blessed to be born into. I'm so
very thankful for the children You've allowed us to raise. Each one has chosen You to be their
Savior and that is all I could ever desire for them. I am thankful, Lord, for the talents You have
given me. Musical ability aside, I have loved being a Pastor's wife (most of the time)....I've also
enjoyed being able to make whatever parsonage we were allowed to live in, a home that was a
place of love and peaceful surroundings. I've enjoyed being able to sew what I needed for my
girls. Years and years of little outfits, dresses and coats (when needed)....Lord, that was a big
blessing to be able to do that. Now that I think about it, I made a coat for our little son one
winter. He looked so cute in that. Lord, You have given me all and more I could have ever wanted and would
ever have needed. It is amazing how You have helped me enjoy learning all the traits of a good
wife and mother from my own Mom. Then, I found it not too enjoyable to learn from her....but
as the years have passed and I have the memories to cling to....I've learned to be accepting of
certain instances and behaviors I didn't understand at all. You have been faithful to show me that failures
are not the end of the world. And, that, I can learn and grow and even be more faithful to You
than I would ever thought. My plan to learn a verse or two of scripture a month is something
I will hold to. I love thinking about the scriptures and how men were inspired to write their
thoughts...Your words...and various experiences we read in the Bible. I am able to read and
even though I don't always understand....I keep moving in and through the Word to find the verses that
are applicable to my situations. Thank You Father, for the power of Your Word. I'm forever
grateful for the cross. For the fact that You came to save us from the grip of satan. I love Your
cleansing power and for the promise of Heaven one day. I speak and give my words, to You,
and ask that all will be done and said in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I remember all the beautiful things you sewed over the years.

    ReplyDelete