My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Behind Me...Beside Me..You're There!

Lord, I have enjoyed this day.....You know why? I've got Christmas decorations to take down.....I've got to do some clearing out in some closets and under my beds....I've got packing to
do.....I've got some rearranging to do in the garage.....and in the basement laundry area....and,
actually, several other things on the list. I can't keep up with it all and yet, I feel energized. I have actually made a real dent in this list. I'd
like to thank You Lord because I've had this on my mind for so long....and writing the job on
paper is as far as I've gotten....now, I am beginning to mark things off and it feels like a real
accomplishment. Thank You for sort of leading me from one thing to another as I worked today.
I am taking time right now to stop and talk to You. I am thankful too, for a bit of a respite! It is
a blessing to tell You Lord that when I wrote You last on this blog, I was reminded by one of my
girls that when writing You.....and committing my needs and hopes to You....that I do leave it with You.
Lord, when she had to remind me what I wrote to You....worried that I had "put myself out there for all the world to see"....I knew that You had inspired me and given me the strength to
get the lead out and get busy. And then, leaving it with You....I really had done it! I am grateful Lord that I can depend on You to do for me what I cannot do for myself. I
also found a verse I never noticed before.....(this often happens with the varied translations) and
loved the power of it. Psalm 139:5-6 says so very much, Lord. David had such a wonderful
way of expressing how he felt. Can I quote it for You....He said....."I look behind me and You're
there, then up ahead and You're there, too-- Your reassuring presence, coming and going. This
is too much, too wonderful--I can't take it all in!" How You do for me what You did for David....
and countless others....Father, I can't take it all in! And, apparently I never will....but dear One,
I cannot thank You enough for what You do. It is something I never want to take for granted.
Don't ever let me fall into that trap. I praise You and thank You for the blessings You've allowed
us to have. Our children. Our grandchildren. Our heritage. Our calling. You have given, Lord
and You have taken away....You have provided strength. You have given wisdom. I give You
my love and my adoration. You are my God and my strong tower. I love You, Lord. I speak to
You Lord, and ask all my requests in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment