My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, January 29, 2011

To Do Your Will.....YOUR WAY!

Okay.....so, I just read a devotional from Oswald Chambers....Lord... Why in the world do I ever think I just might be "getting it".....and find out that all I thought I was thinking is skewed? It is very disheartening, You know.....and unfulfilling. Okay. Maybe it's because I haven't had any
sleep. But, Lord....I think I need help in understanding what I need to know today. I, way too
often, just breeze by the stuff I don't see. Now, I am wondering if I should struggle a little bit
harder to understand what seems to not be sinking in. You know, Lord....I was thinking a lot about the fact that too often I think it's important that other's "get" what You have shown me.
I remember the other Sunday when I was exhorting a bit to the congregation at worship time.....I was sure they would appreciate my thoughts that I was sure You wanted me to share. Of course when I did...and they just sort of stared back at me....blankly..... I got it. Not everything You show me is something I need to share with anyone else. It's for me. And , I
truly see that now.....but, this latest thing is troubling to me. How do I hurt You? By serving
You in my own way? Is that the answer for me? I wonder. And, I will seek Your face as I
try to discover what Your plan is....."MY LETTER'S TO GOD" is perhaps best left for my own
closet. I need to continue to feast on Your Word.....to tell me what is the best decision. Quoting
from his devotional....If I feel I have done my duty, yet have hurt Him in the process, I can be
sure that this was not my duty. My way will not be to foster a meek and quiet spirit, only the
spirit of self-satisfaction......."I delight to do Your will, O my God." Ps. 40:8
And, You know very well, dear Lord.....I have not always been anxious to do that. Dragging my
feet....using every excuse in the book....putting off the inevitable....and on and on. I'll be watching Lord. I'll be anxious to see what You want to do with me.
In the meantime, I need You today. I want to be the "Mimmie" You need me to be. What a huge
responsibility it is to take care of my children's children. Thank You for the safety You've
allowed me this week in all of my coming's and going's. I appreciate the privilege. Allow me the
privilege now to get home and attend to my responsibilities and once again, back with the
husband I love. Thank You for the blessings of life that we all take for granted. Walking, seeing,
breathing......all of it. You have given so much. Thank You for the promise of Springtime.
Thank You for the love You have sent my way. Your grace is enough. For all of my needs,
for my answers, for my continual growth spiritually.....Lord, my life is in Your hands. Your
will and way, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment: