My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Which Instrument Should I Play?

Thank you Father, for being where I need You to be. I am grateful that I have You to bounce my thoughts off of. I am grateful for the fact that You give me wisdom and understanding to
be a servant for You. I do remember back awhile when I resented the fact that I was a servant.
I'm not sure what brought it all on but I am embarrassed to even write it "outloud"....and then,
of course, since I realized that You call us to that calling....and You are a servant Yourself....made
a confession to You and haven't thought about it since. Lord, I think it is amazing how You do
what You do. I know You do it for everyone else too, but, still....it is so amazing to me. I am so
grateful to be Your child.
What is it Lord, that I could do for You today? I am never quite sure what the day will hold....none of us do.....and, all I want is for You to be pleased with my performance today. My
words? No, I am going to start with my mind. Therein lies the beast, of sorts. Clear it. And, then use it for Your purposes. I love the fact that You use us as Your instruments of Your peace.
In a world of such antagonism, deceitfulness, envy and meanspiritedness....and on and on we
could go....You use me to bring forth the sweet sounds of no instrument inparticular....so that
the essence of You and Your presence will be heard and found. To have the responsibility of
this on me is an awesome thing. I love it. And, I cherish the thought. Now, all I need is Your
direction. So, Lord....I will be watching as You raise the baton for me to come in to play my
part. Whether it is one note long or several bars......let me play my instrument like it has never
been played before. Someone needs to hear You, Lord. Someone needs to see You, Lord. If
I can be the conduit....I am blessed.
Let my words be Your words. Honestly, I cannot believe You know what I am thinking and You
also know what the first sentence I'm going to speak before I even say it......and then, what I
wish You would do , is pull the plug when You are not pleased. Sometimes Lord, especially when
I feel words are necessary.....and I speak them....and then sadly realize they are not (necessary)
at all....I'd love it if You could just erase that part. Lord, what is it about perfection that is so
awesome and elusive at the same time.....well, another day. I have my plate full today. I would
love to play for You ...... I'll be watching.
For this day, I praise You and give You glory. For all I ask....I do so in the name of Jesus.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. The old saying is true...think before you speak. Sometimes we let our...sometimes not so nice words...blow out like a trumpet when we should really be using the mute.

    ReplyDelete