My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, February 24, 2011

VACATION: Ready to Go Home? Hmmm...guess so!

I'm wondering how to go home, be up-beat and excited to "get back to the grind" when I really
am not ready to. How, Lord? Can You fix this for me? Most of the time when we are able to
go away for awhile, I am always ready to get home....and get back to business. Some days when
I feel I'm on display....I get weary. Wondering if what I say, how I say it, when I say, or if I say
it....will be taken in the way it is intended. And, always.....I pray that You will attend to my heart. I ask that You will make it the example of what a heart that loves and serves You is
supposed to be. That is and always will be my goal. And, I realize Lord, that I cannot always
count on me to be the warrior for You I need to be.....that's why I lean so heavily on You. The
scripture says that we are given a bit of the mind of Christ in us .(Lord, I wish You would make
me a little more cognizant of that fact.) Perhaps, I'd get in less trouble. I also believe that in a
fully committed heart of a christian, You impress us often to move into Your area of thinking
and speaking. I feel uncomfortable when I have displeased You in my talk or behavioral thinking . You Lord, are my comfort zone. I want to feel and see Your smile. I want to know
that as I come and go in my various duties in and out the church, I will see at the end of the
day, the knowlege that Your presence and Your assuring eye have followed me throughout.
I have enjoyed each day that we have been privileged to enjoy the sunshine....a nice room to
view the vastness of the ocean and the various activities we've enjoyed. Thank You Lord for
allowing us this gift. Miles and miles to go are not even possible without the safety of Your
watchful eye. Lord, Your will and Your plan is all we desire. Each of the words I have used
to express my heart thoughts and requests, I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Uhhh.....Lord, I anxiously await Your response.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the sunshine AC. Happy Homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so blessed to have such a transparent friend willing to share what we think but don't always admit to ourselves let alone our fellow believers. God promised us trials and that the road would be hard - and somehow through it all, we forget that He already knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our weaknesses and where to send reinforcements. We all fall short of the Glory of God, but we are also transformed from day to day - closer to the picture that God has of us.

    Have a safe and relaxing trip home. God bless!

    ReplyDelete