My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Again and Again: You are There!

Lord, it seems when I find myself repeating to someone else the same phrase or verse
of scripture, it's something I need to think about. You know how easy it is for me to preach to someone about something that they need to change about their thinking. I do it on a regular basis, it seems. Well, I'll give myself a little credit.... "Only on occasion" (when I feel the need) to my children, or my husband, or my brother's or anyone that seems to need my "advice"....and then I wonder, "Hmmm....maybe I better pay attention to what I am spouting off about."
Lord, I find that no matter what it is or how You do it....it is amazing how You bring out the worst in me that You would like me to address and make me think about what I need to do to change my thinking. And....You already know how I want to please You....(I tell You so pretty often) and want to feel Your smile of approval on my life....so, do Your work, Lord. I'm paying attention now. I want You to change the different aspects of my life that annoy You....actually, knowing that they annoy me too, is such an eye-opener. I don't know if I read it or not, Lord....(I probably did....it just surprises me that I can remember it! Uhhh....what was I saying.....? Oh, yeah....that was it.....) In the life of a committed christian, your desire and His desire for you, all sort of "meld" together....so, basically....I really want what God wants in my life! And, I really believe it.
Lord, I have found myself saying several times this week and part of last , that, we .....as
Christian's, should not fear what tomorrow holds....because, God has already walked there....He
knows what's waiting for us....and nods in affirmation as it comes to us, knowing we can walk through it without being afraid because He is walking with us. I'll be honest, Lord. Knowing
it....believing it.....and living it, are all very different things. Knowing it and believing it are not
hard. Especially when I am giving out all of these "very spiritual truth's" to those who are
listening to me. But, when I am thinking about the "living it" part.....well, Lord.....that is an
entirely different ballgame. One, I fear, I may fall on my face on or be called "out" on first
base.....that is if I even make it to first base. As I spoke about this this morning with a
daughter....I was reminded of a few of the actual events in my life where I had no recourse....
where the answer basically was already set in stone.....and, I wonder if because I was in a
precarious place.....You had no recourse. You had to do what You did. I would fall hard for
sure....and probably be lost. I wish I could go through the file drawers in heaven (that may or
may not be there) to see the paper work that went back and forth on me. I am so thankful,
Lord....that without any doubt, I know , "IRRECONCILABLY LOST" is NOT stamped on my folder.
With Your power and Your hand guiding me, I will listen to You, at all cost. I will follow You.
I may be kicking and yelling a bit.....but, I will follow. Okay, You may have to shove at times.
But, I will be Your child until the end comes for me. And, I will do my best to be obedient. Long story short....I really do my best work when I am following Your lead. "Lead me and teach me in all my ways.....Your ways....Even from a distance, You know what I am thinking....You know when I leave and when I get back....(You know where I am headed and what I will be doing when I get there...) You know everything I am going to say before I speak the first sentence....Your reassuring presence (and smile) coming and going....It's too much...too wonderful....I can hardly take it all in".......just a few of Your promises to all of us as Your children. Thank You for watching over me.
Lord, I am filled with joy knowing You are there for me....and anyone else who may call on
You. Thank You for the gifts of abundant life....and eternal life. You are too much to take into my brain....but I accept the gift....and ask that You would grant me Your favor this day....I
ask and speak all in the name of Jesus. Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment