My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, April 11, 2011

"THE STRONG TOWER"

I always feel this urge when I need to talk to You, Lord. I am aware that throughout each and every day, at any hour, I can. I just never feel quite connected until the pen meets the paper. I struggle at times to express to You my thoughts because, sometimes it seems there is not an easy word to tap into how I feel. And then, of course, once I do find a word or phrase that describes "it" succinctly....well, then I am off on another course to repair the damage I may have done in trying to explain myself. Thank You Lord.....for ONE thing today. Thank You that anyone that may be peeking over my shoulder today and thinks to themselves...."This woman has so many issues....she makes me tired just reading her stuff "......I am so glad You completely understand me and I don't have to worry about over-explaining anything to You. Now, there is much to be thankful for. The issues last week, the hard places and the questions that needed answering.....for now, have all been taken care of. We are at such a place now in our ministry that I wait on a continual basis to see what You and John are going to come up with next. I shutter at times because I get afraid. Not knowing what is around the corner and knowing that satan does his best to wreck anything positive, I wish I could say I am not fearful. I read the scriptures, Lord. I believe them. I honor You at all times.....and then, I say out loud to You.....I am afraid. I guess that is not being too honorable to You, is it? Okay, so then, what do You suggest I do? Ideas come all the time. Prayerful consideration of each one is a smart thing to do and I usually always do....and when prayers and God-inspired ideas connect.....it's always a wonderful thing? Isn't it? Honestly, Lord...I wonder sometimes who's ideas we are really following. Your's or ours. We who serve You and have a passion for the Word of God and for it to be accessible to anyone willing to listen.....want Your will to be done. It is the hope of all who love God to be a light in a darkened world....isn't it? Lord, let it be true in my heart and life. Once again I am reminded of the man in Mark 9 who believed You could heal his son (or was it bringing him back to life....one or the other) Well, he sort of believed, yet, he was afraid to think it could really be true. I love what he said. "Yes, I believe! he said. Help thou my unbelief!" How fitting. How true of any of us today. I will believe, Lord. I have no other to believe in. I find myself thinking that satan is more powerful than You are when I believe "he will step in and wreck anything that might be positive"......and I really know better than that. "Greater is HE that is in me......than he that is in the world." Why do I forget that? Why do I not have that hanging around my neck for all the world to see? I John 4:4 is a verse I will put on my list of memorized scriptures.....I've known it for a long time.....now, Lord.....I need to start wearing it! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.....I do, Lord.....and ask Your will to be done and for my fears to be squelched and all that is ask of You to be asked in the precious name of Jesus. Once again, Lord.....Amen and Amen again.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Corrine, you ARE one of the lights in the darkened world. Love you, and I love what you write in your blog.

    ReplyDelete