My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, April 2, 2011

"FORWARD....MARCH! (Move it, sister!)"

Most of the time, Lord.....well, okay.....maybe not...but, I sort of think I know what I need to talk to You about. Maybe today is not a good day to be doing that. No, that's not right. Anytime I decide to talk to You is a good day. Thank You.... by the way for the safe trip home. Arriving last evening with NO clashes with other cars or deer is a blessing. I am so grateful Lord for all I have been blessed with. You are so good to me. I am honored that You love me. As morose as I tend to be at times , people might think I had something to be sad about. I love that I can talk to You in those times and worse times, and You love me. You really love me. Thank You too, Lord, for the blessing of children that love us as parents....welcoming us as we try to blend in to their households for a short time. They always make us feel welcome and special. I remember when my mom came to live with us after my father passed away. I wonder now how welcome she felt.....her own life basically coming to an end , metaphorically speaking. I recall all too well the issues we had to deal with. It was a difficult time to maneuver. But, Lord.....I remember calling on You to listen to the cries of my heart.....I also know full well that You also listened to the cries of her heart.....somehow, You in Your wisdom knew how to absolve our differences....and make us more and more and more into the image of Yourself than we ever knew we wanted to be. I guess as I speak to the ladies of our district today (and I don't honestly expect a lot of them.... but, You know who will be here) I need to speak Your words of wisdom....not mine. Lord, You always have a way of getting us to the place where we need to pay attention to Your admonitions to us......Your encouragement to us......Your way of getting to the "bottom line" of our understanding. Just a mere word....and sometimes I KNOW beyond any doubt, that YOU are trying to get my attention....and You're not going to ask twice for me to "pay attention". Lord, I have always needed an extra bump in this area....mostly because I think that You and I think alike....and I don't need any "work done". I cannot believe how stupid that sounds. I cannot believe how "haughty and high minded" that sounds....and yet, there I am, straight face and all , blinking naively.....and thinking....."Who.....Me, Lord?" Oh brother.....You have to just shake Your head at my "un-humble" behavior. Lord, assure me this....please. If I really try hard....can I ever be like You? Or, will I forever be a lost cause? I will not accept any other answer. You love me. I love You. You must see some worth in this finite human being that I am. I believe You will continue to mold me and make me into the image of Yourself that You want me to be. Forever and a day it may take.....but , to know You love and accept this person I am....I will pursue this level of perfection You want us to strive for. The scripture I will look to today says..... "Be diligent in these matters.....give yourself WHOLLY to them.....so that everyone may see your progress." I Timothy 4:15 I honestly think I could care less what everyone else thinks about "my progress" and honestly don't know why thats important, but I will think on that part a little more. I want to be faithful, Lord. I want to follow Your plan for me.....and I think in a God-centered life, that should be all I am concerned with.......isn't it? Help me , Lord....to be a vessel You can be proud of. All I ask and determine to be best for me....I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment