My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, December 24, 2011

"I Just Have One Thing To Say, Lord......"

Dear One......I have just one thing to say.Actually, there is more than one thing, but, I have to start somewhere.  You are. That is it.  And, with that  "it"......there are no words that can accomplish the entire meaning of this prayer.  You provide.  You forgive.  You love.  You are merciful.  You are more gracious than we would ever expect anyone to be.  You give wisdom.  You understand the needs of my heart.  You grieve.  You befriend.  You accept our gifts to You, piddly as they are oftentimes.  The cries we try to subdue, you take to Your own heart.  When I am at a loss for words and do not know how or what to pray for.....You translate those murmurings and unintelligible sounds to Your Father for us......it is truly amazing to me.  Somehow, someway, I feel the touch of hands so kind and tender.  They lead me to paths I have never known.  They call me to the heights of Heaven and give me strength.  They overwhelm me.  I have never felt so safe and sheltered in the arms of a God who really has no reason to love me and protect me.............and, yet.......You do, Lord.  I am loved.  I can feel it.  You are a miracle worker.....and I mean it in the strongest sense I have the power to. 
The glow and charm of Christmas is still so precious to me.  The gift of the Son of God that was given to me, I unwrapped long ago.......but, I am still amazed at the newness of it.  The power it has to create in me the excitement of opening an especially "waited for" gift and the smile it brings to my heart. It makes me feel so loved and treasured by You, Lord.....The giver of life.  The Three -in-One.  The divine Holy Spirit.....so misunderstood and yet so overwhelming, I just accept it all.  Some day I will understand. 
As usual, Lord......I can't end a prayer without asking for something.....and so, I do.  I ask for all of the favor You can muster up for me today.  I need Your wisdom.  I need Your presence to fill me.  And, I ask all of this in the name of the One who loves me best.  You, Lord.  Your will.  Your way.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. He is!!!!!!! Amen!

    Merry Christmas dear lady and to your hubby too!
    Love you both!
    Sally (and Paul)

    ReplyDelete