My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Friday, December 30, 2011

Oh, dear One.....how in the world do I ever begin to thank You for the gift of life.  My hope and my commitment to You is first and foremost in my resolve for the new year.  You have allowed me to live and given me health and fortitude to persevere when my senses are barely functioning.  I continue to depend on You for the possibilities that make me a person of worth at all.  I thank You for the gifts You have provided me to make any contribution to those I love and have committed myself to.  Being able to make any house our home throughout our life together has always been so much fun for me.  I think You made that one of my talents.  To be able to provide our children with a comfortable and cozy place to grow in and to enjoy a " soft place to fall"  has always been my goal as a mom.  You gave that to me, Lord.  I thank You for the blessing of having them all want to come "home" for a few days just to enjoy old memories and make new ones.  I praise You for the children You have blessed my husband and me with.  We are so blessed......so overwhelmingly so, that breathing is difficult at times.  These are treasured gifts that I will never, ever take for granted. I wrote at one time that to have son-in-laws and grandchildren that love us is icing on the cake.  It is amazing to me how we are so fulfilled.  I am filled to the brim with Your blessings.  Thank You Father for the blessing of being assured of eternal life with You.  I want nothing to deter me from that goal.  I want to make You proud of the life I live for You.  I don't want You to be ashamed of the individual You expect me to be.....or ever planned for me to accomplish for You.  I am pretty old to be talking about "being all You want me to be"......but, Lord......I know You have plans for us as Your children.  I know we are Your instruments.  What I can accomplish for You is still up in the air.  Help me not to weaken in my attempts to make You smile.  It is IN YOU that I live and move and have my being.  I give You my heart, Lord.  I praise and give You my obedience in all You show me You want changed.  In Your name and will I ask for Your favor and blessings.  I love You Lord.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Christy Davis DivenJanuary 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM

    Beautiful mom....I've always appreciated the time, effort and energy that you would put into our home, our special dresses you would make for us or whatever it might have been. You would sometimes work tirelessly just so we could have something special. I have so many good memories....because of you and the love you have for each of us kids. Thank you is never enough, nor is it said enough.....I truly appreciate all the extras you and dad still continue to do for each of us. Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete