My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, April 15, 2012

"This Is My Desire.....To Honor You!"

Lord Jesus......I need to tell You some things.  "This is my desire......to honor You.   Lord, with all my heart ......I worship You.  All I have within me.....I give You praise.....All that I desire.....I have in You.
Here I am to worship.  Here I am to bow down.  Here I am to say that You're my God.  You're altogether lovely.....altogether worthy.....altogether wonderful to me.....".    And, Lord......I know You know I am quoting some praise music here.....but,  I wish I could put the rest of this to music.  That is not a special gift to me though.  I just give You the words in my heart.  It is Your choice to put them to music.  As long as I can keep singing.....and give You the praise.....I am filled to capacity with joy for You. 
I can say I truly am blessed.  I have so much that fills my heart with love and appreciation for You.  I am so touched that You have allowed me first of all.....any wisdom.  I praise You for giving me my life.
(Remember that day Mom looked at me from her hospital bed and responded with "....and that's good?").
She had looked at me and queried that because of  the major stroke and seizures she had endured.....that her "sensibilities" might be affected......and I.....trying to assure her.....said......."Mom, you are fine.....you're just as smart as I am! (or something to that effect.)  To which, she wordlessly replied......"and that's good?".  I remember, we both laughed our heads off.  I remember Father, that throughout the trauma of my Mother's last years of life.....I learned so much about You.....and me.....and her.  Every day that I spent by her bedside.....I learned a little more.  Anyway, Father.....I thank You for the promise of Springtime that You give all of us.  The promise of the rainbow after the storm.  The peace that fills our hearts when we lay our anxieties at Your feet.  No One ever cared for me like You, my dear friend.  You have given me all that I could ever ask for......let alone even think about dreaming.  I am Yours, Lord.   Don't EVER let me forget it.
To enjoy our son for a short time.....entertain his new wife.....and his (also new) Mother and Father-in-law.....is so special.  I praise You for this day and thank You that You allowed us this privilege.  So many of our church family have watched our boy  grow into this responsible young man that we enjoy and that many of them were all  a part of that process is special.   Lord, today is not about the decorating of the gym....or the planned program.....or the dinner.  All that is a part of it but the real reason is the joy we have at seeing Your plan for his life coming to fruition. 
Our lives......our thoughts and plans all depend on the graciousness of You, Lord.  You give us pause.
We live because You allow it.  We are determined because You give us breath.
 Lord, continue to give me the favor You feel I deserve.....and I, will never forget to praise You.
Thank You for the blessing of life.  Thank You for the blessing of peace that reigns in my heart today.
I bless Your name.  I speak in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment