My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I think it is so odd that I haven't been able to write "out loud" for the last few weeks.  I've intermittently given my needs and the desires of my heart to You, Lord.....but, I have had such inner peace I couldn't even understand it.  I barely asked.  I just sort of thought....."Help me.....please?"......and You did.  It really didn't seem like prayer.  It was more like the old Shorthand course taught in school.....only in my  thoughts.  How You do that is amazing to me.  It is the only form of magic I believe in.  Your Holy Spirit leading me, guiding me, pushing me, quieting me, loving me.  Hopefully, Lord......through it all.....I trust that I made You proud.  I am so touched at the blessings I have been supplied with.  You have given freely.  You have allowed me to live.  You have given me wisdom when I asked.  You have supplied me with the talent to produce something out of nothing while growing my family.  I appreciate the blessings of the Godly heritage John and I both were given.  At a moments notice I have always known, I could call on You, Lord.  I also knew that.  I thank You and the parents You allowed me to have that the knowledge of Your divine power could go anywhere with us.  The ministry was hard.  I remember as a child, my parents always struggled with the issues of a falling-down-around-us-parsonage and basically no money.  It was just always a fact of our lives.  It was also never something we resented.  It was a fact of life we always had to work around.  And they did.  My parents gave us all we ever really needed.  The Czech cuisine was filling and the dollars stretched where they had to go.  Daddy never complained and mom made us feel like we had all we needed.  And, You know, Lord?  we did.   I am grateful.  You are and always have been....all we need. 
I am thinking of friends who love You, Lord.  And, in my opinion, are in the fire most of the time.  They are reminiscent of the quote that says......"from the frying pan into the fire".......every time you turn around.  I know the outsiders looking onto the situations they entertain think......"What good does it do you to have God on your side.....?".......or ......."What in the world have you done to deserve this kind of grief in your life?"  I know it.  I've heard it.  And, I hate the implication that just because we are "Christian"  and love You......we are never supposed to walk through difficult circumstances.  You, dear One, have been through the fire.  And, You, Lord, deserved none of it.  To us, who are so very human, we often feel as though we are too unequipped to fight the evils that come our way.  I believe, Lord, that we can.....I have, with Your Word to guide me.....and Your children praying for me.....and You, giving me wisdom......I have.  It's life.  No one has an easy time.  I remember when my Mother was found......barely conscious, lying in her apartment.....on the floor.....just waiting for someone to find her.  After two whole days and two nights......not being able to move.....I know she believed in You and the scenario that would follow for all of us...... would eventually draw us closer to You.....knowing that in You and Your teachings were all we could count on. 
And so, Lord.....from the beginning to the end.....I will follow You.  I don't know how it all will go.
I just know that my life is in You.  My hope is in You.  My joy is in You.  And, my belief system will lie in the recesses of my mind and shall not be removed. 
Thank You Father for the love You provide.  Thank You for giving us the desires of our hearts....when we don't even know what that desire is.  You provide.  You give and give and give all that we desire and more.  I am blessed.  I am so aware that I am.  Jesus, I just want to thank You.
In the name of Jesus I pray and give You praise.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this open, thankful, praise offering - AMEN over and over!

    Love you,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete