My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Include Me In Your Prayers"

I am antsy today, Lord.  I cannot get anything accomplished until I write.  You are such a solace to me.
I can breathe.  I can relax.  I can see some light.  Just positioning my hands on the keyboard and tapping out these words to you makes me feel better.  I have noticed such pain in my wrist and thumb when I write anymore....I am glad I have a computer that I can punch out my words with.  I've talked with a couple of my girls today so far.....I've written a Thank-You note (two weeks late).....showered, dressed, made my bed.....and just want to talk to You.  After losing my first attempt at my blog letter.....I always wonder if You are trying to save my neck because I just typed some useless fodder.  You know, though....what I feel and say to You when I write are always of concern to You.   I know it.    I thank You for being that One that listens to the sorrows, pains, concerns and joys of my heart.  When we can enjoy that kind of fellowship, Lord....there is nothing better.  I found it so odd the day that lady came to our door asking us for "advice" about a concern she had.  I remember asking if she had prayed.  Lord,  I couldn't believe it when she said she thought she should only consult You for the BIG things. ( You should be so lucky, Lord!)  When I heard that I immediately felt guilty for the anxious prayers about parking spots and paint colors!  I didn't agonize about it too much, Lord.  If I have something that concerns me.......I know that it concerns You.  Lord, that was 30 years ago or more.  I still am uneasy about bugging You with everything.....but, it goes away :) and You get it all.  After our recent trip to New York State to attend a family funeral, I found myself questioning the issues of concern to everyone who is living a distance from their family.  When You go back to visit......the changes that have occurred are often so life-altering you can't believe your eyes.  I wonder, too often, I suppose.....how our lives will _____.  Uh....You know what, Lord?  I think since I already wrote this and You perused my concerns......I will leave it all to You.  Repeating it is not necessary.  I consecrated myself to You long ago.  I just want to make the choices that please You....and ones that will let me be the instrument for you that plays the most beautiful music.  Whether it is piano, horn or drum.  It's all for Your glory.  Lord, the joy of singing the song Sunday with the praise team was so fulfilling."Ever Interceding".  I am grateful for the fact that You , dear One, intercede for us.  I remember looking that word up once making sure I was using it correctly.  To believe that You go to Your Father, pleading for our salvation, securing our future and all of the in between concerns.......I can hardly believe that You ask Him to give me mercy and forgiveness and favor.....and grace, too.  Lord.....even thinking that You weep together for what could have been humbles me to submission in anything You ask me to do.
I have not always made the wisest decisions, here and there, but , when I placed all of the pieces of a broken dream in Your hands.....You presented back to me a piece  so beautiful and rare, I am forever amazed.  Obstinacy obviously runs in the family.  "Being right" apparently does too.  When I present those flaws to You......and ask for Your divine design and favor for my life.....Oh, dear Lord....give me the nudge to pursue all that You intend for me to do.  For all that I have discussed and asked for.....I  ask in the name of Jesus.  Thank You once again.  And, again.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment