My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Hold His Hand...and Hang on Tight!

The things we encounter in our lives are so hard, Lord.  Not all the time, of course.....but, more often than I would like.  Too often, though.....I find myself skimming the surface of Your word when "all is well".  I know I shouldn't do that....and question my devotional habits.  Willing to read more and study more?  Too little is often too late.  Okay, so to remedy that I should start today. 

First.....I thank You for the mountains.  And, I thank You for the valley's.  And, I thank You for the storms You've brought me through.  For if I never had a problem.....how would I know that You could solve it......(?)  ....... and , I'd never know what faith in God could do.   Through it all......yes, through it all....I've learned to depend on Jesus......I've learned to depend on God.  Through it all.....absolutely......unequivocally , I've learned to depend upon You, Lord.  No doubt ever that if it were not for my dependence on You, I would be in a tizzy all the time.  I have maintained this habit for many years.  Yeah.....there are days when someone (most often, husband!) calls me to task(!) but I do depend on your power to supply me with the words I need and use......and then,  suppressing my anxious heart to a calmer state.  When others are struggling for understanding.....or trying to maintain their sanity in overwhelming situations that come......let me be the instrument for You that will
protect Your words of wisdom to us and give a listening ear.  The tongue is far better off to be stilled at this point.  So many times, I find myself looking for a "story" from my life that is a close comparison and feel the need to share it.  Lord, I really think this is not the time and often a  hindrance to the work You need to do. 

And,  secondly......I defer to You in the areas of life that break my heart.  Opinions....mine or anyone
else's are debatable.  Your analysis is all I really care about.  What to do.  How to handle the heartbreaking places in our lives.  The conclusions others make about me and the decisions I make.  The conclusions I make about the decisions another has made.  We handle the sadness's in life very differently, very often.  And, I'm not sure, Lord.....but the red tape issues.....the time factors......the "getting-involved-feet-first" mentality.....all of these are different for everyone.  Lord, for my family.....for the families that are struggling for answers now......I pray that You, dear One, will provide for each one......what is their own solution.  We are so needy, Father.  We......rather, I , cannot seem to make a move without You.  I sort of really like feeling that You are working "in" and "through me" to the betterment of my life and those I am responsible for.

For the worship I maintain to present each Sunday.....the class I teach....the words I use......make it all benefit Your glory and honor.  I praise You, Lord for the power of the word in our lives. I vow , dear  One, that I will hold You in high regard and honor You as long as I have breath.  When I read through some of the trials and heartbreaking experiences of my life thus far......I can only praise You.  I know You lifted me and carried me through much of it......unbeknownst to me......perhaps, all of it.  You placed me on the ground to walk on my own when You were sure I could walk along beside You....even a little behind.....making sure, I wouldn't mis-step.  Father, You are a gracious God.  To think that You talk to Your Father about us and our needs, just touches my heart.  The inference that You weep with us when we are broken, makes me want to serve You with all that is within me.  Thank You , dear Lord.  Thank You for the promise of sins forgiven and a home with You in eternity.  I praise Your name. 

In the name.....and honor and sweet will  of Jesus Christ......I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment