My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Monday, July 9, 2012

Loving God With All our Soul, Mind and Strength!

Why is it, Lord?  Why do I hesitate writing when it's really what I need to do?  Is it because I find myself asking the same old stuff?  Talking of issues  I've prayed for dozens of times before?  Is it because I think You just want me to pay attention to the areas of concern to You about me that I tend to just slide through?  Things I've acknowledged.....but find too uncomfortable addressing.  I think it's more like "too lazy to address!"  Jesus, I have lived my life for You so many years.  And,  I regret none of those years.   It is You that I have leaned on and asked advice for my issues over and over again.  I woke up so early today and  I read a devotional posted by "Joni and Friends" about starting the day out with time alone with You, Lord....and I feel encouraged immediately.  The vacations we have enjoyed with our children are turning into the highlight of so many of our lives.  Making our Sunday morning "church time" a very poignant time.  The sincerity of our thoughts, laughter at our blunders, tears about the anxieties that have plagued us all....are what our service consisted of this year.  It seems that each year we pray for something that stands out for all of us as we ask for prayer concerns to share.  Lord, You know about our concerns.  You know that as we express our anxious thoughts and concerns for ourselves and show our hearts to be vulnerable, our grandchildren will catch the glimpse of You that we yearn for them to know.  That to take our troubles to You.....and expect You to help us solve the concerns of our hearts....is our
expectation....and ultimate joy.  We believe in the power of prayer.  We do not necessarily want You to erase all the endless troubles that arise in one's life......but we do ask, incessantly, that You give us
Your wisdom in the choices we make.....the words we use to express our heart's cries....the behavior we exhibit in the day to day of our lives.  I say "necessarily" because it isn't even realistic.....but, it would be okay once in a while, Lord......wouldn't it?  No, I guess not.  Forget I said anything!
I remember the day we left.....John prayed that You would watch over us all through any of the events that would surround our family.....I remember thinking, ' maybe he should have prayed that we would be protected by anything that would hurt us, etc., etc., etc..'  But, Lord.....to have You give us wisdom throughout the hard places of life that come so swiftly and sometimes totally unforeseen is a special touch from heaven.  We all see Your hand on our lives.....protecting, saving, loving, enduring.  We do need a special touch, though.  Our precious granddaughter is suffering from an unlikely source.  Four kidney stones are making their way through her system and wrecking havoc.  For a moment, we beg for a miraculous pain free exit.....and then, we say.....Lord, allow what You will.....and give peace.  Your peace.  That special, quietly sustaining expectation of Your power that calms our soul.
The verses that we listened to yesterday are the ones that give us Your precious thoughts about how to live our lives.  From Deuteronomy 6:6-9; I love how You don't just 'suggest', but command us .....to let Your words be in our hearts......teaching them to our children diligently....talking of them when we sit down, when we walk on the road, when we lie down and when we rise up.....writing them on the doorposts and gates of our homes.  That is a lot of talk.  Especially when they are rolling their eyes.
But, Lord.....consistently, diligently, ever-so-sweetly speaking about the name and words of Your teachings and life will never return void.  I am encouraged today, dear One.  I believe.  I love the nature and depth of Your word.  It has never led me astray.  My hope is in You.  Help me evermore to speak the name of Jesus , without fear. 
I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus.  I am thankful for that.  I bless Your name, Oh Lord......I love You today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment