My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Thursday, July 26, 2012

"The Question is: Throw Out? or Save?"

Finally home after vacation and then a couple weeks of  'not so much'!  Thank you, Lord!  Thank you for helping me do the required work and strength to do so.  How do we compare the two?  Packing up the result of parents, three children and 8 years of belongings in a 3000 square foot home.  I love to compare the possibilities of how You see us.  The bags and boxes of our belongings placed at Your feet.  What would You  throw out Lord?  What would You save for future use?  What belongs in the trash?  What is the possible regret for throwing out what is the best?  Either by sheer will or mistake?  At this juncture in my life....I am mentally perusing the important and the unimportant.  Reading the scriptures and not forgetting that You wired me the way I am......(and often, me badmouthing the end product) I want to be, I read from Ephesians 2:10....." For we are God's workmanship, created in Jesus Christ....to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."   The phone calls keep coming.   "Mom, do you remember where you might have put this?"
Straining my brain to remember where I might have 'tucked it away'.....and hoping I am right...I wait to hear...."I found it.  What a relief!"    One thing I do know......I basically threw nothing away.  Paper clips, pennies, pieces of puzzles and games....are all yet to be uncovered. 
Lord, I want my life and heart to be an open box.....left to be thoroughly checked out by You.  Could You check out the places I have tucked things that are really not important for me to concern myself with.  There is so much I think You want me to concentrate on.  All of the fodder just mucks up my life.....distracting me from the important issues I  have been commissioned to do for You.  Whatever they are.....wherever they are......I will do my best to bless You , Oh Lord.   I am determined to make this happen.  Truly Lord.....when I find myself distracted by the unimportant....I lose time and mental acuity.  Yes, I want to stay up-to-date on the happenings in the world....the events that affect us....tangibly, physically, mentally and emotionally. But, my concern has got to be the areas that deter my focus.
To start my devotion time today, I read a prayer from a 'Proverbs 31 Ministries'  post by Lysa TerKerst.  "Oh Lord, You made me in Your image and that is something I seem to forget daily.  Please help me to remember to celebrate and live in who You made me to be and not in what I wish I was. In Jesus name."
So often.....rather, too often.....I forget this.  I thank You for making me.  I balk at the result of what I have done with the creation You made at times.  I do know what I have to do. 
Once again, I pray for wisdom and strength.
In the name of Jesus, I pray.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I lay all my junk at the feet of Jesus every day. And it seems, the older I become, the more junk I accumulate. I love you, Corrine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Amen and again Amen!
    Love,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete