My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"My Favorite Things: Your Words!"

Running through my head a good part of yesterday, Lord, were the words to a song from "The Sound of Music".  And, that was in between the breathless prayers to You for the needs of our family.  Lord God.....?......Please help us.  Please heal our wounds.  Inside and outside.  Intercede for us to Your Father.  We feel so sorrowful......and sadness is so pervasive.  It colors everything around us so gray.  We long for bright and soothing shades that make us smile and reflect the goodness You provide all the time. 
I believe the name of the song is "My Favorite Things", Lord.  There is  a line that kept repeating itself to me.
"......When the dog bites......when the bee stings......when I'm feeling sad......I simply remember my favorite things.....and then I don't feel so bad."  It points to me one thing that just about always comforts this heart of mine......and that is the comfort of the words in the scripture.  So many are there to warn us and convict us.  Some make us miserable at times because we do not want to change our ways.  But, the ones that move me to fall at Your feet, are the words that lift a shattered  and distressed heart.  Those verses touch me as nothing else can and shows me how You are touched by our grief....and how you understand our sadness.  I am so thankful that You care about what concerns us.  When our loved ones are touched by the incidents of life that send us rushing to the Emergency Room, it always stops us in our tracks and immediately makes us do the "What it?" game.  It is exhausting.  It is self-defeating. And, as everyone knows....it is normal behavior  for those who are looking on, knowing that the control we desperately try to hold on to is not in our grasp at all. 
I leave it all to You, Lord.  My favorite thing that I love to do when I am in a sad place is to look at verse after verse that I have written down for such a time.  You always seem to cover the territory I need to have covered.....and it comforts me to read and re-read.....re-write and quote the inspired written words.....that were given to us for just such a time.  You have covered every aspect of our lives in the scriptures.  It truly is a " lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path".  My heart is filled with a sense of joy when I read from the Psalms that "Your heart is touched by my grief...."  and that "You are close to the brokenhearted and (You save) those who are crushed in spirit."  So often, Jesus, we are so very sad at what we consider the injustices of life.  The illnesses.  The split second decisions that cause regrettable accidents.  All of it affects us.  Sometimes directly....and then some just indirectly.  What we need, Father, is the insight to fall into prayer immediately.  Words actually are not necessary.  You decipher the groaning of our spirit.....You know how we ache......You know what to tell Him!  And, so, dear One......tell Him.  Tell Him what we need.  And, I won't worry so much anymore.  I will trust in You.  Sometimes I just don't have any answers.  I just have a precious connection to SOMEONE who does. I will depend on Your wisdom to help ease our worries.  I will depend on Your love to surround us. 
"No one understands like Jesus".  That's the friend we have that is beyond compare. "Meet Him at the throne of mercy......He is waiting for You there."  Lord, I thank You for the precious word.  Thank You for loving us enough to provide that message of hope while we wait for You to return for us.  I need Your peace to reign in my soul.  And, I ask for the healing touch of the "Great Physician" to minister to those in need.
For all I ask and beg Your favor for....I ask in the name of Jesus, my Savior.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen! May God's love and will be your comforting confidence and your precious family's as well!

    Love and prayers!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete