My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 13, 2012

It must be so frustrating to You, Father.  I ask for You to present me areas of service that I can do for You......and You do.....and , then I cower.  Would You help me?  As I read the devotional from Oswald Chambers today, I thought.....Are You talking to me, Lord?
Are You saying....."For Pete's sake, Corrine......what do I have to do for you?  You ask, I answer.  And, then you stutter and stammer your way around the issue at hand, wondering why you are here.  I AM WHO I AM......and I will help you." 

The line of one of our praise songs hits my "inside airwaves"......."In all I do.....I honor You."  ( Thank You, dear One.)  "I'm alive and well....Your spirit lies within me.....because You died and rose again.  Amazing love....how can it be.....that You, my King, would die for me?  Amazing love....I know it's true;  It's my joy....to honor You."

You know, Lord.....I was sure You were not talking to me.  I was.  And, as I started to read just a little while ago.....I couldn't even make sense of it.....thinking, this is " too hard for me today!  I'll read this another day."  I guess You, more than anyone, knows  I am SO sure sometimes.....and find out later, with great embarrassment.....that I am totally wrong.  Isn't  that amazing, Lord?   Wednesday evening, as I spoke to the Prayer Meeting crowd, I was quite adamant that we....ie; all of us who love and serve You , have a duty to be your hands and feet....and perhaps, even, a mouthpiece, to be used by You.  The verses You pointed out to me today just sort of hit me in the face.  "Who am I that I should go....? from Exodus 3:11 is so reminiscent of my thoughts the last few days.  So.....Lord......I am Your servant......I believe You have chosen me......and that You haven't rejected me at all.....and I will let You lift me up with Your righteous right hand......and give me peace. 

I asked my friend, yesterday, Lord...... " Do we ever really learn anything from our trials and tribulations?"  I have figured that the reason we go through these places, is for You to give us a bird's eye view of what You see after we are through the trial.  I like to think You don't have to send me into that same scenario for me to finally "get it"!  Lord, I submit to You that I have always thought that "You don't have to tell me twice".......and then I find that regrettably, You do.

Give me the courage and strength I need, Lord.  I cannot rely on strength from any other avenue.  Overwhelm me with Your peace......  the portion that passes all understanding is what I would like to have.  I don't need to understand any of it. 

I will bless You, O Lord.....by being obedient.  I will bless You by being faithful.
Grant me Your favor.  I ask all in the name of Jesus.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment