My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, October 6, 2012

What was it that I wrote a while back, Lord?   I am going to condense my travel paraphernalia down so I don't have so many bags to carry?  Yeah....that's what I said!  I should have said, "......so I don't forget something everywhere I go!"  It was a favorite outfit and my cosmetic bag that I found missing when I arrived home yesterday from a week of living out of a suitcase.  I get so annoyed.  It's my own fault and I know that too!  I don't even pretend to blame it on anyone.  Aren't I mature, Lord?  Great.  I'm mature...... but still would forget my head if it wasn't attached!
The moment we arrived home, I felt a big sigh of relief that we were in our own driveway, safe and sound.  Thank You, Father....for allowing us to be able to visit our loved ones and try to encourage them by just being there.  It is sometimes all you can do when folks are going through hard places and are not sure which way to turn.  Just being a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on or a hand to hold is often all You expect us to do.  Praying, not withstanding, is expected and definitely not the least we can do for one another.  I guess I always grew up feeling that those things weren't quite enough.
I have flailed with the "what to do?" mantra forever.  I always think I have to have a "ready answer" for any question that comes up and so often Lord, it isn't what You expect at all.  Just having the ability to keep quiet and listen is important too.  I like that You have placed different folks in our lives, at different times, to perform what needs to be done.  Not everyone has to do every  single thing.  I appreciate that  especially when I fail to listen, You allow someone else the blessing of hearing  (what You originally meant for me to do) Your call.....they pick up the ball that I have dropped and get the blessing.  The laxness is never my intent, Lord.....and even though I do fail You on occasion....You keep giving me places to serve.  Thank You Lord for allowing me the privilege to follow Your calling.
For the sad, forgotten, lonely, bereft and alone individuals I am responsible for.....I pray I will be Your messenger.  Never failing them.  I ask for Your divine word to be implanted in my heart for
their encouragement.  Over and over, Lord, I have been discouraged by my submission of souls for
Your kingdom.  I do submit to You that my job is to plant a seed of hope.  The spiritual laws and
specific scriptures I worry over not getting quite right, are Your department, Lord.  I will be Your
instrument.....to do Your will, living Your word, and keeping Your commandments to the best of
my ability. 
Where I go.....what I do.....who I speak to....(or don't speak to)......the words I use.....the attitude with
which I express myself.....all hinge on how close I stay to Your side.  I expect Your nudge when I
need it.  I aim to be the lighthouse that shows which area is safe to go.  Shine away, Lord.  I don't
want the lens of that light to ever become cloudy and diffused.  Help me see anything that would
deflect the light of Your word to me or anyone I speak to. 
I pray in the name and will of Jesus Christ, our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment