My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It was funny yesterday, Lord......I just kept waiting for a tree to fall or water to start pouring in somewhere......I kept trying..... but, I couldn't really rest.  None of those things happened.  All my little things I have sitting on my front porch didn't even move....even with the wind swirling around.  The gusts of wind that would come apparently weren't even in the direction of that little cove where the porch is positioned.  And, now.....today, I have the words of the song "Resting Through The Storm" going through my head.  With all of the pictures of the weather maps, areas around us getting hit pretty hard with "Sandy".....not once did I think about the song I'm mentally singing today.  The disciples were not particularly pleased when they were sure they were going to perish in the storm that came up on the Galilee and no one could find Jesus.  They were frantic.  They needed him in bodily form to come and assess what was happening and stop it (from happening) immediately!  (Lord Jesus......in my life, how often have I wondered where You were when I needed You the most.  Granted, Lord.....that hasn't happened very often.....BUT, when it does......I  am almost in a state of panic, too.)  Anyway, Lord......I find that I am NO BETTER than these anxious men when they believed their life was being threatened.  I've often thought, Lord, that I was.  (Better than them.)  I don't even know if  others ever feel that way.  I'm afraid I wouldn't like the answer.  ( I also like to think I wouldn't have been in the group of the whiny, never satisfied , constantly-asking- for-more -Israelites following Moses to the Promised Land.  How about we not even "go there", Lord?)  The song lyrics move to the chorus which says......"They found Jesus, resting through the storm.....trusting in His Father's words......knowing He was safe from harm......".

Lord, my life......my heart.....my mind.....my words, all need this lesson to be driven home to  the door of my heart.  Toggle-bolted to the door would be  a sign......"This is Corrine's home.  She's resting through the storm!" 

I need Your love to guide me.  I need Your arms to hold me.  I need Your wisdom to empower me.  I never want this to change.  I never want to be self-sufficient in Your eyes.
I have driven myself to distraction wanting "my ducks all in a row" so no one could say, spiritually speaking, that I hadn't fulfilled all of their expectations of me.  Lord, one thing I have come to learn after 45 years of ministry with my husband, is that NO ONE can fulfil all the expectations one may need attended to for another.  I have tried.  

I need Your intervention today.  Lord, as soon as I write my heart thoughts.....I am often deluged with exactly what I have praised You for.  I know the presence of evil in this world is nothing to dabble with;  argue with; try to understand, we should know by now   there is no understanding of any of it.  (In my case, Lord, that's the hook he uses to get me on his side!)   Help me Lord, to always be aware of his tactics.   Jesus, You are the world to me.  My hope.  My fortress.  I lay at Your feet the concerns of my heart and the needs of others.  

Bless us today with Your favor.  Thank You for the safety You provided during the storm.
Stay close, Lord.  I'm not sure, Lord.....but, another may be on the way. 

I pray in the name of Jesus.  Savior of the world.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment