My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dear One......What do we say?  As I have heard, probably a hundred times since 10 am yesterday......"There are no words".   And, yet, we hear them anyway.  Word after word ....statement upon statement.....edict upon edict......and still, nothing rings true.  Everything said falls on deaf ears.  No one is listening.  No one.
The sad fact is we live in a dangerous world.  We manage at times to skate through life virtually unscathed, but, sadly,  some are not so lucky.  Or, I guess, blessed, would be the better word, Lord.  I usually never use the word, "lucky".   I like to think I'm above using  that particular word.  I'm not better than anyone who does say it.....I like to think with You running things in my life.....bad or good, I am blessed by You.  Oh, Lord......what in the world do we say about this.  Everyone chooses their words carefully when asked,
"What happened?"  Some can't speak.  The tears that flow though, are the real language here.  The children are as articulate in expressing their thoughts as the adults.
Lord, all of them will forever be affected by what they heard....and experienced....and perhaps, saw.  Now,  already.....and will continue to hear......"Where in the world was God when this was happening?  Over and over we hear the same exact thing.....often expressed more angrily.  "If He is such a God of love......then how....?"
Oh, Lord.....my heart breaks because of the lack of real and meaningful change.  Our cries should be ....."Oh, Jesus.....Savior of the world.....change my heart.   Let me be a light in a darkened world.  Help me to stop obsessing about what I need and what I want, and be a help to someone else for once.  Someone who is incapable of doing anything for me back.  I believe with all my heart, You were broken to the core when You saw Your beloved Son bloodied, bruised and crucified.  Although, You could have stopped it.....You didn't.  You allowed the horrible act to be played out......to show us Your miraculous plan for our salvation.  To experience that, Lord.....tells me that You saw the horror exhibited yesterday, and grieved with all of them that were there and still are.....at this moment.  We concentrate our words and tears on the little ones who were innocently shot and killed yesterday.  Standing or sitting  with their little friends.....playing or talking.....doing their numbers or reading out of their books.
They looked up, saw the evil, and then saw You.  Gathering them to Yourself, dear One, I pray You will surround them in Your arms, giving them all the love they can stand....for they are experiencing such joy, there with You.   
Oh, Lord......for each and every adult.....perhaps, now childless.....their pain and anquish should not be analyzed.  They are now and forever will be, broken spirits.  There is no understanding this.  There is only a level of acceptance of fact and living through the nightmare.  Trying and failing perhaps.....but most,  certainly trying.  Our prayers perhaps can benefit them.  It doesn't matter what words we use.....for, as many have already said.....there are few words in any language that can explain the awfulness of evil.  Jesus.....this is where we lay on our faces....and moan our prayers to You.  These utterings.....I believe......  You perceive and hear us grieve.  You know.  You understand the cries of our hearts.  You even understand the cries of a demented heart.....but given no access to the heart of such a one....You can do nothing.  Our hearts break as we see in our minds the process of going to a funeral home, picking out a casket......going to a closet and picking out a special outfit to clothe these little ones in......perhaps even placing already wrapped Christmas gifts in the casket.  Who else would want them?  Jesus.....Savior of the world.....Bright and Morning Star......help us not to think that we have to have "words" to explain our grief.  No one understands as You do.  Draw these wounded individuals to You.  No matter what their faith might be, no matter if they even believe in You......Jesus, just be there.  And, when they call
out.......go to them.  Hold them.  Love them.  The  husbands, children, parents and loved ones of each adult killed......Oh, Lord......surround them.  I believe there were folks yesterday that decided they just might believe in You, after all.  I pray that is so.

Lord, for the young man who did this terrible thing....I wonder about his demise into doing  such a dastardly deed.  His life is over.  The day someone looked at him and called him "stupid"......or "retard"......or never allowed him any respect that any human should have........should make us THINK carefully about the words we say to one another.  Everyone needs to feel they have some worth.  Everyone needs to feel that they are important.....to someone.  Jesus, as I pass by people on the street or  at the mall......help me remember to perhaps smile or say a word of encouragement to them if the opportunity arises.  I hope to be a better ambassador.  I want to help You, Lord.

I need You, Lord.  More today, than I did yesterday.  I  thank You for the blessings I enjoy.  I praise You for the sun that is shining today.....so many need to see the Son of God shining on them today.  It is so dark without You.

In the name of Jesus, I pray.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment