My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Every time Lord......yes.......just about every time I want to write You.....I have umpteen reasons why I can't.  You know what the excuses are.  Dishes.....beds.....garage to be straightened.....downstairs decorated....make new ornaments for the tree....do some shopping....make up the food list....decide the menu for Christmas day....do the Christmas calendar for the Church family....plan the music for Sunday.....ei-yi-yi!!
And these are just a few of the happenstances that take up a day and all of a sudden, it's time to go to bed.  The list gets longer after I cross off and add to it!  And, You, Lord.....You stand by and watch me get more and more frustrated as I try to finagle all of my comings and goings.  I watch the busy-ness.....and  I see the frustration of others.  I remember so well how my mother would go to a store and just stand there.  She couldn't find anything she wanted.....because she didn't know what she wanted.  I never understood.  But, it's funny Lord, how you finally see.....and understand all of the desperate confusion.   Nothing works.  Nothing is "special" enough.  Finding something that doesn't cause me to be looked at "funny" is an exercise in futility at times.  I guess there is always a place for that.....if you can keep a sense of humor and laugh along.  Somehow, as it says in Your word Lord, there is nothing new under the sun.  Trying to get a special reaction (a pleasant one)  from gift receiver's is something I have decided to leave  with You.  I am often dismayed after the fact that so many find little need to ever react.  And, You know, I am not talking about my kids.  I taught them better.  Why is there so much ungratefulness in our world.   Even discussing this is cumbersome.  I think there is  something to the "why-did-you-give-me-something....I-didn't-buy-you-anything" scenario. You know, Lord....I wonder if You are distressed about the fact that You graciously extend to us Your gift of salvation.....and so many just refuse to accept the gift you offer.  I'm not sure, Lord.  But, I would guess the commitment of opening your gift, and then making this change in our life is the drawback.  I think in some cases, folks like to hang onto their anger issues as their "reason" for lack of desire to have a clean heart.....or, they just don't believe at all.  
 I am filled with joy that You have given us such an extension of Yourself.  We are so blessed.  I feel that to not fill Your ears with our songs of praise to You is so disrespectful.  We are loved....and Lord, I feel  it so much of the time.  (Yes, I have to admit, there have been times when I was so angry with You I couldn't see straight.....but, Lord.....in the life of a committed Christian.....that doesn't remain for long.....it can't.  You cannot dwell where there is that kind of sin and/or behavior.)  The joy that You allow to be contained in the heart, is joy unspeakable......and full of glory.  I am convinced that it is the life's blood of anyone who bears the name, Christian. 
Lord, Your name is above all names.  It is the time of year when we celebrate Your birth.  Yes, we entertain ourselves with special parties, gifts, foods, and celebration with our family and friends.....but, lest You think differently.....this celebration is ALL  ABOUT YOU. 
I praise Your name, Lord.  I ask that in all I pray.....ask for.....and thank You for........that all would be done in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment