My Life Verse

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's so funny, Lord!  And, not "funny/ha-ha"!   I have,  for the last couple of days...... tried to write my Prayer Blog post.  I have lost one.....I have started two......(still in draft form) and cannot seem to join my thoughts in a cohesive manner.  Every sentence seems disjointed.....or a little foolish.....or a bit needy sounding.  And now, Lord,  I write with every intention of finishing before I leave this house today.  It's Sunday.  The demands are usually exhausting for me anymore.  By the time I get home, change my clothes, and sit down to rest a little.....it's time to go back for Sunday evening service.  No....I do not want sympathy.  I just want some peace.  In all of the demands of my time, somehow, somewhere, I need the promise of peace.  Joy does reign.  I'm thankful for that.  Yesterday, I was writing about loving the precious gifts You've allowed my husband and I to have.....having them under our roof for a few days.....just seeing them laying on the couch, clicking the TV or just napping,  is a joy.  As each family member departed, I found, amid a few tears, that one day "good-byes" will be over with.
We enjoy our family.  That is a fact.  And, we have You to thank, dear One.  I, for one, am so very blessed to be a recipient of the "quiver being full".  You know, Lord......You give us the desires of our heart even when we do not know what that might be.  I never imagined that when I married 48 years ago, I would be the mother of this group of people that visit "home" on occasion.  Thank You Lord.  Thank You for helping me (and their father) grow them into nice people.  I have worried, sometimes incessantly, that I wouldn't be able to fill the areas of need they would have.  And, I'm not talking about math homework. (That tended to be an area someone else had to fill.)  The ultimate teaching tool for mothering and fathering a child, I believe, You provided quite nicely.  The scriptures are the nurturing tool every parent needs.  I love the promises that fulfil each of our needs.  I've been especially aware each day as I look at "Today's Verse" on my I-phone.  (Thanks for the idea to send verses to my grands that are in college and a few others You've suggested).  I am touched by the promises that fill the pages of Your Word.  "Having confidence that we can ask anything according to His will......He will hear us"........to......."Teach me to do thy will, for thou art my God....thy spirit is good;  leading me into the land of uprightness"......to......."A soft answer turneth away wrath;  but grievous words stir up anger"........to......."For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil......thoughts that give you hope and a future"......to......"For the word of God is quick, and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword......".    Lord, these words are quick and powerful.  They do speak to us.  They do lift us.  They encourage me.  Giving ourselves over to You when we feel so inept at the challenge at hand, is and was my salvation in growing my children and now, as I am a senior adult, my solace.
Continue Lord, to guard my heart.  To sustain my anxious thoughts.  Help me to maintain the sweetness of Your spirit that tends to be elusive to me at times.  I would so love to never have to "regret unkind thoughts or words" that have proceeded out of my mouth because of an unruly nature. " I need You every hour.  Every hour, I need Thee.  Oh, bless me now, my Savior.....I come to Thee."
For this day.....and the possible hope of a new year coming very soon.....I ask.....in Your divine name,  each blessing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment